New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    In terms of Fuel Efficiency, which one has the advantage? and also over all performance.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Get the Lancer MX if you want a higher resale value. But if the CVT breaks down it will cost you a lot for it to be repaired. I like the Lynx's style.....but if you wont mind the resale value for like 5 years or so, get the Lynx

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mickoolitz View Post
    In terms of Fuel Efficiency, which one has the advantage? and also over all performance.

Thanks!
    mas magnda performance ng CVT compaired sa traditional AT. FC wise, advantage pa rin CVT.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fuel efficiency, CVTS have better efficiency results than conventional ATs.
    but based on your choices, i would go for the Lynx RS.... ganda neto eh.
    kaya lang, really drinks gas.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    fuel efficiency, CVTS have better efficiency results than conventional ATs.
    but based on your choices, i would go for the Lynx RS.... ganda neto eh.
    kaya lang, really drinks gas.
    1.8 6-speed yung MX while 2.0 5 AT yung RS. pero sa looks, advantage para sakin yung RS.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    salamat sa mga reply!

manual tranny pala itong Lynx RS, I don't know if you can compare it side by side (a/t vs m/t). Pero I read some forums over the net na FC ng Lynx is 8-9km/L, how much ba sa Lancer MX?

Anyways, is it safe to buy a 2nd hand lancer MX? I was wondering if the a/t has a lifespan. It was mentioned above that it wil cost me alot to repair a CVT, kaya I kind of doubted choosing the Lancer.. hehehe! thanks again!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mickoolitz View Post
    salamat sa mga reply!

manual tranny pala itong Lynx RS, I don't know if you can compare it side by side (a/t vs m/t). Pero I read some forums over the net na FC ng Lynx is 8-9km/L, how much ba sa Lancer MX?

Anyways, is it safe to buy a 2nd hand lancer MX? I was wondering if the a/t has a lifespan. It was mentioned above that it wil cost me alot to repair a CVT, kaya I kind of doubted choosing the Lancer.. hehehe! thanks again!

Comparison of AT and MT is a subjective matter. Take into consideration your road trips. If I will drive 90% in urban areas, I'll go for AT. Rallyist will opt for MT.

Swertehan lang naman makakuha ng 2nd hand na maayos. Whater car it is if it was maintained properly and nasusunod naman yung PMS, then wala ka magiging problema. But true, CVT costs a lot on repairs. Regarding sa FC mas malakas talaga 2.0 na machine.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Does CVTs have a lifespan? I'm kind of worried buying an a/t after I read the issues about the cost in repairing CVTs.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Im not sure bout the lifespan since this is just new in the market for the past years, but for sure CVTs are more reliable and less maintenance free than the traditional AT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer MX 2005 CVT a/t VS Ford Lynx RS 2004