New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i know. apples and oranges comparison in terms of specs and features. am really more interested in the costs of owning one or the other. since they are relatively close in price, which one should i go for? very important factors that will sway my decision:

- ave fuel consumption for city driving since i don't go out of town that much. mahal ang gas e. daily driver lang ito. house <-> office lang mostly.
    - maintenance (service & most especially, parts) considering that these vehicles both look "high tech" to me. like, may "special" maintenance ba for vehicles with airbags? (sorry, first time ko magkakaroon ng auto na may ganito . yung lancer 7 yata airbag.) any other "special" services needed for the vehicles?
    - resale, since i intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5 years. i obviously like to recover a reasonable amount on my investment.
    - other costs like registration and insurance? malaki kaya difference?

any inputs would be highly appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sa maintenance walang problema kasi pareho naman silang mitsu eh. Sa FC medyo masakit sa ulo kasi 2.4 ang outlander. kung pipili ka, isipin mo kung ano mas kelangan mo. kung palagi kang maraming dala, mag outlander ka na kasi SUV yun. kung hindi naman kelangan ng lugage space, mag lancer ka nalang.

pagdating sa insurance at LTO, mas mahal ang SUV.

AT kung bumabaha dyan sa kalsadang dinadaanan mo, SUV na talaga

KASO, hindi Top-of-the-Line tulad ng Lancer. Ako kasi mahilig sa Top-of-the-Line eh.

KUNG hindi mo kelangan ng luggage space, ride height at large engine.. Lancer talaga

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    given the almost negligible price difference between the two, i would say, either one is a good buy. but then, buying boils down to two basic considerations: the logical and the emotional. logical refers to one's needs while the other considers the wants.

i actually chose to get an outie glx for the following logical reasons:
    1. my growing family no longer fits into my old but still reliable corolla sedan, so i needed an suv.
    2. i also bring with me a lot of stuffs, supplies and the like, so the cargo space in the suv fits me quite snugly.

and here are my emotional reasons:
    1. i wanted an suv!
    2. the macho effect of an outie is what i want rather than the pogi effect of a lancer.

so... the choice is yours sir... any way you go though, you are bound to have an awesome vehicle!

drive inspired!

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    hahaha! this is what i had in mind... i knew someone in the future will put up this topic!

either of which, the Lancer GT-A (P1.115M*) or Outlander GLX (P1.180M*) will always be a good investment... it always depend on the need of the individual. IMO, registration fees and consumables for these cars are almost similar because of their similar construction and nature.

Drive*Earth Inspired!

[SIZE=1]*- probable discounted prices. please check your dealer for updates.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; July 16th, 2008 at 11:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    - ave fuel consumption for city driving since i don't go out of town that much. mahal ang gas e. daily driver lang ito. house <-> office lang mostly.
    The difference in fuel consumption between the two vehicles will not be significant. For sure the 2.4liter engine will consume a bit more but not that much compared to the 2.0 lancer

- maintenance (service & most especially, parts) considering that these vehicles both look "high tech" to me. like, may "special" maintenance ba for vehicles with airbags? (sorry, first time ko magkakaroon ng auto na may ganito . yung lancer 7 yata airbag.) any other "special" services needed for the vehicles?
    Same din dito sa mainenance almost the same lang except maybe more oil will be needed sa 2.4. Dont worry to much bout the airbags.

- resale, since i intend to keep the vehicle for at least 5 years. i obviously like to recover a reasonable amount on my investment.
    Resale value para sa akin mas ok ang SUV. Look at the crv in comparison to the civic. Mas mataas resale ng crv.

Konti lang din difference sa registration and insurance. Para sa akin i'll be going for the outie if this would be my only car. Walang problema sa baha, you can park anywhere kahit sa sidewalks, walang problema sa sayad pag marami sakay, etc. I test drove the both cars. For me kahit 4x2 lang sa outie pa din ako. Test drive both of them nalang. You cant go wrong with either of them. I was in this situation last month and was about to get the outie but with crazy gas prices I decided to get a subcompact car instead.
    Last edited by 2slow; July 16th, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    i know. apples and oranges comparison in terms of specs and features. am really more interested in the costs of owning one or the other. since they are relatively close in price, which one should i go for? very important factors that will sway my decision:

any inputs would be highly appreciated. thanks in advance!
    FC - Lancer
    Maintenance - Lancer

Airbags doesn't need any maintenance. But I heard that you have to replace it after 10 years? Gurus

Resale - Outlandah!
    Cargo Space - Outlandah!

I don't think the maintenance of these cars will be the same since it doesn't belong to the same category. The Outlander may need to replace it's brakes more often, given the same roads and driving with the Lancer because it's a heavier vehicle, and carry more heavy loads. Both also have different displacement in which the damage for engine oil use might be the same/more/less.

Practicality, I believe the the Outlander wins given the road conditions of our country.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Yup, Lancer will probably have better fc but the Outlander is much more versatile. For resale, I think either way will be just so-so.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    It's the heritage and pedigree ang binabayaran mo with the Lancer. People will talk about this particular generation of the Lancer 20-30 years from now.

But for practicality and your money's worth, mag-Outlander ka.

Lancer GT-A or Outlander 2.4 GLX ?