New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    just need comments from the two vehicles on the following:

*I am aware these are not on the same class but my budget is only 850k for brand new only

1. fuel consumption (please be detailed)
    2. ride comfort
    3. acceleration from complete stop.
    4. PMS cost.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    two different worlds, imho.
    the city has a lower engine displacement which means, lower fuel costs and slightly lower maintenance costs.
    acceleration would be the one with bigger engine, while ride comfort can be variable..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mas maluwag ang lancer...ride? Kahit 18 rims decent parin what more yung orig na 16s..tipidness di naman nagkakalayo nasa bigat ng paa na yan...

Trunk space liit sa lancer...pms cost? Kaka 35kkm ako kahapon inabot ako 7k plus, light pms pa yun, pero 2.0 yung akin baka mas mura pag 1.6..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    During my media test drive, the cars got anywhere from 12 to 18km/L during tipid driving from Manila to Nasugbu (via Cavitex). During my drive back to manila, I was pretty much flooring the accelerator at lot and got 8-9 km/L by the time I got back to Manila (SM MOA area).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    During my media test drive, the cars got anywhere from 12 to 18km/L during tipid driving from Manila to Nasugbu (via Cavitex). During my drive back to manila, I was pretty much flooring the accelerator at lot and got 8-9 km/L by the time I got back to Manila (SM MOA area).
    both the lancer 1.6EX and the City 1.5 almost the same fuel consumption??

how about the elantra 1.6 automatic? this is another choice also.

which has the most responsive transmission? from complete stop

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sir ghosthunter, is the variant you test drove a manual or automatic? thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Regi Siochi View Post
    sir ghosthunter, is the variant you test drove a manual or automatic? thanks
    The variant I drove was the Lancer EX 1.6L MX (automatic)

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 25th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.