New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    ASX pa din ako, it's still an SUV and it's newer compared to the Lancer.

I just don't like the Lancer. It's not fuel efficient and the shifts in auto mode are very sluggish. For me the Lancer copied heavily the Mazda 3. Plus having a GT-A is like having a pseudo-Evo. OT: the Evo X nga pala is gonna be the last Evo from Mitsubishi.
    If so, pareho lang sila ng ASX.

Same engine, same tranny.

As per GH, the Lancer EX is not gas guzzler. AFAIK my old Optra consumes more fuel.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    If so, pareho lang sila ng ASX.

Same engine, same tranny.

As per GH, the Lancer EX is not gas guzzler. AFAIK my old Optra consumes more fuel.
    But still at least the ASX is an SUV. The Lancer EX consumes 15L/100km - 17L/100km so if it's the same It's more reasonable for an SUV to consume that amount of fuel but not a compact sedan.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Suki si GH sa Mitsubishi eh it's like si Sir SG na suki sa Hyundai.

Kidding aside,

Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    But still at least the ASX is an SUV. The Lancer EX consumes 15L/100km - 17L/100km so if it's the same It's more reasonable for an SUV to consume that amount of fuel but not a compact sedan.
    ASX should be heavier than the GT-A in terms of weight (didn't check, but I assumed a sedan vs suv general weight) and it holds the same engine. Last time I checked, I could have swore that the EX has a bigger trunk than the ASX. It just depends on whether you'll be using the fold-down seats or not.

IMO, ASX can't be considered a full-fledged SUV. Road clearance and cargo bay's to small in my dictionary for it to be considered one. I simply refer to it as an elevated EX

And since that recent interview to axe the Evolution series: Can't we say it's value would increase over time with the boys who drove it during the Gran Turismo 2 days driving up the price?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    CUV lang ang ASX.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    CUV lang ang ASX.
    Ayun forgot the exact term kasi. Umpisa iniisip ko crossover (tama rin ata itong term for the ASX)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nobody was saying the ASX was a full fledged SUV. It's still an SUV nevertheless, a Crossover SUV.

Anyone can have their own standards to what a full fledged SUV is. Maybe to others, it's a Fortuner, Alterra, SF, MS to others it might be Pajero, Prado, LC, Exped, Explorer, to others it might be Land Rovers or Jeeps.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    CUV - Tucson, CX-7, Rav-4, CR-V, ASX, Outlander

Midsize SUV - Santa Fe (under argument di daw kasi ladder frame chassis ), Fortuner, Alterra, Montero Sport, Everest

Large SUV - Pajero, Prado, Super Safari, Explorer, Tahoe

Goddamn Large SUV - Expedition, Suburban, Patrol Royale, LC200, Range Rover

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    sir GH, besides the massive discounts do you still get freebies?

and does the pricelist still apply today?

For the pricelist, I'm planning to drop by a showroom on saturday to check.

As for freebies, well, when I got my GLS, I also got tints, etc... so yes, you still get the freebies listed.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Goddamn Large SUV - Expedition, Suburban, Patrol Royale, LC200, Range Rover
    Haha funny!
    GD SUV: Jeepney?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    eto ako lang ha, kung ASX ang pipilin bat di nalang magdagdag para sa ibang cuv/suv? parang di worth it yung ASX eh mayroon namang ibang bang-for-the-buck na pwedeng mabili sa price range na yan.

just my 2 cents sir gh

In the local market, there is not much else to choose in the CUV/SUV category which gives good aggressive looks with car-like ride & handling in this price range. The fold down rear seats give flexible cargo space in case you want to carry larger objects. GTA trunk is surprisingly small.

Downside with the ASX, not as fast as Lancer EX. (but the same Lancer EX power mods can be used to gain more power)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 5th, 2011 at 01:32 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Lancer EX GTA vs ASX GLS 4x2 CVT?