New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hi guys,

which among the 2 cars is the best for a newbie with 3 kids? Fuel consumption, maintenance wise?

thanks for your advise.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3 kids, i think you need a bigger space. although the fiesta can, baka it may not be that comfortable.... and considering how kids grow up so fast, baka mabilis makalakihan yung oto.

i would go for the lancer to answer your space and maintenance requirements. although the fiesta is better FC-wise.

hth.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My vote is Lancer EX 1.6 AT glx

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chloeqtpy View Post
    hi guys,

which among the 2 cars is the best for a newbie with 3 kids? Fuel consumption, maintenance wise?

thanks for your advise.

You'll get a bit more interior space with the Lancer EX GLX 1.6L

FC of the Lancer EX GLX 1.6L still a question mark for me... I'll find out first hand next week.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    speaking from experience... your 3 kids will become little elephants so fast, you'd swear metal shrinks.
    my recommendation is to get the biggest vehicle you are willing to afford. why not an AUV? adventure, crosswind, even innova. even seconds aren't so bad.. reliability and ease of maintenance are their hallmarks..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I come from a family of 3 kids, and sedans have always sufficed for us. Unless you're always bringing all 3 kids + yayas on board, there's nothing wrong with just a sedan.

I hate the Fiesta sedan's looks (ugliest sedan in the market if you ask me), so I'd vote for the Lancer EX on this one. I don't like its looks either, but it's the lesser of the two evils. More spacious too.

I'd look at the Accent 1.6 GLS Blue or the Jazz 1.5V if I were in your shoes. These are among the most spacious of all subcompacts and are feature-packed. But then, bigger compacts such as the Corolla Altis 1.6G and Elantra 1.6GL are in the same price range as well.

Of course, if you think you're gonna need space, there's the Avanza 1.5G, as well as the base model Grand Livina and Innova 2.5J, though the latter two come only in MT form.

The compacts would have better fuel consumption than the MPVs, but the Innova, being a diesel, would go the farthest for every peso you spend.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    since you have limited your choice between the two, i'll go with the lancer since it spacious and I've read that the new lancer eats about 19km/liter on an ave speed of 90km. HTH

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Grand Livina for the space. But the FC on the matic variant kinda sucks.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by e1kad2 View Post
    since you have limited your choice between the two, i'll go with the lancer since it spacious and I've read that the new lancer eats about 19km/liter on an ave speed of 90km. HTH
    where this FC figure can be found sir.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Naku 3 kids! MPV ka na! Lalaki ang mga bata mo at siskip yan ng husto. Kung mag out of town ka, hindi mo na masasara trunk mo! I'd suggest such cars as the Grand Livina or Kia Carens. Manual version if possible para mas lalong makakatipid ka. Or if you want something smaller, the Kia Soul has bigger luggage space than a sedan and it has the Elantra's 1.6L 130hp engine and 6 speed tranny.

Kung between the two lang, Lancer EX ako. At least mas malaki siya at mas maporma din. The Fiesta sedan may have the advantage in the FC and engine performance department but its just so damn ugly, I would sell it if it was given to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer EX 1.6 AT glx vs Ford fiesta 1.6 AT sedan