Jul 2003
    ano mas ok for daily use? handling, maintenance,fuel efficient, Engine

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    corolla for all the right reasons:

durability, parts, size, affordability, looks, performance

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    both cars are almost the same in terms of performance, engine, maintenance, fuel efficiency, etc.

magkakatalo na lang sya sa durability, resale value and cosmetics.

imho.....

durability. toyota xl. although the lancer EL, can also be durable. this is the reason why they make these two cars as taxis.
    resale value... almost the same.... toyota can be a slightly little bit higher.
    cosmetics...mas masarap pagandahin ang lancer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    you can't go wrong with both. imo, just get that is well taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkey View Post
    corolla for all the right reasons:

durability, parts, size, affordability, looks, performance
    same with the lancer.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    almost the same cars.

Although i like the 2E engine better than the 4G13 of the Lancer. I'd take the Lancer, i like the looks better, madali pormahan, plus i get the road hugging Multi-link rear suspension.
    Also, because of host of small things like the capability to swallow a 2DIN Stereo, vinyl sidings which i prefer better than the Corolla's thinly upholstered sidings with IMO dull colors, no rear garnish to replace to make it look more upscale (unlike the AE101s) and of course, the wide range of custom bodykits available that i prefer than the Corolla's.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I drive po a corrola, 11 years na po sya and ang pinkamalaki ko lang na nagastos with its maintenance is changing the clutch pad!

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    I go for the egg.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'll get the Corolla over Lancer.

But both cars are very good and have served well over the years. Why still consider resale value for this? Are you still gonna sell this? Just pick the best condition. Keep it stock all the way. It looks better IMO.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    had a lancer itlog before, and my sister had a corolla bigbody too, kung interior space paguusapan mas malaki ang loob ng itlog, as for maintenance, halos pareahs lang sila. same din laks ng aircon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    problema lang diyan, tumotope during cold starts (carb kasi) pero tiyagaan lang hanggang ma-reach ang normal engine temp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer EL or Corolla XL (itlog  or Bigbody)