New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I really like the Lancer. Design is really good and sporty. Para ka naring naka EVO X kasi. But everyone is saying Altis is the more practical choice. Resale value and all. Ano sa tingin ninyo? Advise to a newbie please.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    kung looks lang, yun lancer na.

If you're not willing to sacrifice the practicality,resale value, and availability of parts, and at the same time want to have some fun every now and then, andyan yung 2.0V na altis. may paddle shifters na rin!

test drive both para malaman mo kung ano mas gusto mo

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    definitely altis. just look around the metro kun ilan ratio ng altis vs lancer. altis if you want a car to serve you many long years not just the car itself also the casa, that's reliability yun tipong gusto mo na palitan okay pa din.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by reloaded_acer View Post
    definitely altis. just look around the metro kun ilan ratio ng altis vs lancer. altis if you want a car to serve you many long years not just the car itself also the casa, that's reliability yun tipong gusto mo na palitan okay pa din.
    Depende yan sa paggamit,may mga reports na rito ng Altis na may defects kaya di rin totoo yan...Availability ng parts eh walang problema ang Lancer.

Para sa akin mag Lancer EX ka na,SULIT SYA...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    been drooling over the new lancer since i first saw it in the ads.but i think altis is a better choice.we've had 3 toyotas since '92, ok naman upkeep and we were able to get a good deal when we sold our '92 corolla.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Depende yan sa paggamit,may mga reports na rito ng Altis na may defects kaya di rin totoo yan...Availability ng parts eh walang problema ang Lancer.

Para sa akin mag Lancer EX ka na,SULIT SYA...

yup i agree, depende sa gumagamit. i had 3 lancers before, the singkit, then itlog, then 2nd hand pizza. lahat walang naging problem. kahit na yung sinasabi nilang suspension prolems di ko naranasan sa 3 models.

as for this comparison, lancer ex din ako. konti sa kalsada... ayos lang para di nakakasawa...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Altis na, mukhang disente pa yung car. Yung lancer, ang sporty ng dating.....and the tailights doesn't look good ( FOR ME )

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if money is not a concern then i'd get the lancer gt or gt-a. otherwise i can settle with the altis 1.6v or 1.6g.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG MAC View Post
    I really like the Lancer. Design is really good and sporty. Para ka naring naka EVO X kasi. But everyone is saying Altis is the more practical choice. Resale value and all. Ano sa tingin ninyo? Advise to a newbie please.
    aling lancer ang compare mo sa altis? Their 1.6 variant or the 2.0? If the latter variant, go for it. Mataas pa resale value nyan after 4-5 years and the overall performance is excellent.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I've drove both the Altis 2.0 and Lancer 2.0 before.

Even though Lancer looked fast on paper but somehow, it didn't feel fast at all although handling was definitely better than a Corolla. However, performance is definitely nowhere near an Evo. Interior quality is a big upgrade from the previous version but trunk space seems small.

The Corolla may be the "boring" choice but for everyday driving, it feels much more comfortable and luxurious. External looks is also quite nice as its not too sporty and trendy looking.

Lancer GTA is also much more expensive nowadays so I choose the Corolla.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lancer 2009 vs. Altis 2009