New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Based on budget of P770k (all-in), have narrowed down to these two:
    Lancer 1.6 GLX AT
    Vios 1.3 E AT

If you are to choose between the two, which one and why?

I know that they are in different segments, but I like both and they both fit my requirements (daily drive, parts are available, casa is close to my residence, fits the budget).

I feel that the Lancer is more car-for-the-money, while the Vios is a safer choice. Looks are subjective, I like the Lancer face slightly better than Vios. Vios is more frugal in consuming fuel. So, for me, it's a very close comparison.

Perhaps you can help break the tie. What is your vote and why?

Thanks everyone.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Vios isn't that much more efficient than the Lancer. I only get 8-9 km/L in city driving. Dips to the 7-ish range when traffic's really heavy.

Highway consumption is great at 16 km/L when traveling at 100-120. Not sure if the Lancer can also do this, but it shouldn't be that far off.

The Vios is still a very vanilla car though. A great basic car, but still very appliance-like. The Lancer could bring more smiles to you, especially as FC isn't that far off.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Id say that the lancer aged very well compared to its counterparts when it was released.
    My vote goes to lancer

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for the inputs guys.

Also, the fact that Lancer is reportedly on its last release will also make it a collector's item in a way. I just hope that parts won't become difficult in the future, as I understand it shares some parts anyway with the ASX.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Also, the fact that Lancer is reportedly on its last release will also make it a collector's item in a way. I just hope that parts won't become difficult in the future, as I understand it shares some parts anyway with the ASX.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another vote for the Lancer, better looking plus better power-to-weight ratio.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lancer din ako!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I find the Lancer GLX pretty bare. If it is the MX or the GT-A, then I'll go for those. But in this comparo, my vote goes to the Vios.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    bro 870k ata ang lancer 1.6 GLX

but if gusto mo talaga yun, sa lancer din boto ko. the difference in hp and torque is a huge factor.

amateur enthusiast posting probably from a nexus device

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sa Lancer ako. Better ang riding comfort.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Lancer sir overall better car than the vios

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast