New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm getting a service vehicle for the office. Which is more value for money? The isuzu IPV is about 750thou pesos (incl discount) and the L300 is 600 thou pesos (incl discount).

The only thing I don't like with the L300 is flat nose. The IPV is slightly smaller but I think it is safer. Plus I think the Isuzu 4JA1 engine is slightly better than the mitsubishi 4d56 engine. I still can't justify thr 150 thou price differences thou. any thoughts?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    my bad experience with the L 300 FB is faulty electrical wirings after 6 to 7 years mararamdaman mo na yan and when it comes to the Aircon hindi sya ganung kalamig and then sa front seats umiinit and mabilis mag over heat Flat nose kasi maliit lang ang radiator niyan so mas maganda yung Izuzu IPV hindi siya flat nose kaya sagap niya lahat ng hangin mas malaki ang radiator matatag sa init yan and Izuzu is the best when it comes to Diesel engines but im not saying that mitsubishi is not good matibay din ang makina ng L300 FB

ipv--pag nasira sa road, no need to remove your stuffs inside....but can seat 2 in the cab comfortable...and as i know 4ja1 makina nun--so t.gear siya, unlike sa l300 4d56 na tbelt na, hirap pang palitan kasi masikip ang engine bay...

longer bit lang IPV...ranger has one of these, and adventure has also this type of body...

pero nagsimula parin sa mga AUV at FX ang body na ganito..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    mas matibay makina at kaha ng IPV, lakas pa ng aircon.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thebest View Post
    I'm getting a service vehicle for the office. Which is more value for money? The isuzu IPV is about 750thou pesos (incl discount) and the L300 is 600 thou pesos (incl discount).

The only thing I don't like with the L300 is flat nose. The IPV is slightly smaller but I think it is safer. Plus I think the Isuzu 4JA1 engine is slightly better than the mitsubishi 4d56 engine. I still can't justify thr 150 thou price differences thou. any thoughts?
    I agree with you. Both cars have their downsides but methinks the IPV has less. Besides, mahigit isang dekada na yata ang design ng L3, nakakasawa na!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IPV for me. We we're torn between the same choice for a service vehicle in our farm in Cagayan de Oro before and we chose the IPV. It figured in a front-end accident and the the front mounted engine spelled a big difference.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If only for the crumple zone and fuel economy, get the IPV.

If it's going to matter much, however, the 4D56 operates more quietly because of the timing belt, compared to the 4JA1's timing chain. Something to think about, especially since the vehicle will be used as a people mover.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for all the info guys. You guys mentioned that ford ranger has its own IPV version. I will check it out. Would you guys know how much they are selling it? I currently have a Ford ranger and so far after almost 80 000 kms it is still running well.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I like L300 fb more than isuzu ivp. we have it, and we use it. ivp looks little wierd coz it has a pick-up van front style, then a van in the back. FB better because it is flat nose, and its motor is under the seat, so its easy to access.
    about the aircon, its good. It works well and its cool. and it is fuel efficient, and in case of accident, the motor will be far from impact.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Advantage ng L300 sa IPV is mas malaki yung passenger/cargo space, pero yung IPV mas safe in the event of an accident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
L300 FB or Isuzu IPV