New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I prefer old model car than the latest model. Mas malakas ang dating ng old model design than the latest. Kung titingnan mo new models ngayon madali ka magsawa but when you see an old car that is well maintained hindi ka magsasawa tingnan. Parang kanta, maganda pa rin pakinggan yung mga old songs sa panahon ngayon kaysa sa mga bago na after a month or a week di na nice...heheh. IMO.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I prefer both,kung kaya ng budget.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    honestly, i love old school! its just that im so amazed when sometimes i see 30-50 yr old classic cars driving around the metro, and wondering how did the owners managed to restore or just even keep the engine firing .

but, its a 50-50 score. just like sir niky said, it depends on what and how i feel for my car.

if i were to "build" a vehicle. i would put on oldschool styling and modern functionality together. hhhhmmm Porsche 911(any year)? never gets outdated imho

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For me, some of the older cars look better than their newer versions.

Examples:
    Toyota Corolla (1987 - 1992)
    Honda City (2000 - 2002)

The new cars look either bloated (because of the higher beltlines and the melted butter shape) or over-styled.
    Last edited by donbuggy; April 18th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    iba iba din talaga like ung galant, ung 91 gti malakas dating saken kesa sa current model. ung camry naman yung current gen lang ang maganda for me. ok din kasi mag ayos ng luma like corolla 91model. mga 200k lang lilingunin na oto mo kasama pa makina dun. sa 200k na un simpleng 96 civic lang ang mabibili. so depende talaga...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    One area the newer cars generally win out on is interior design, dashboard layout and ergonomics. As much as I loved my old 1999 SX8 Honda City 1.5, I definitely agree that its front footwells could be too restrictive, its switch layout crude, and its driving position imperfect. That's because it's a recycled EF Civic from the late 1980s.

There's a point however where cars can be TOO new, TOO good, TOO pampering. I consider myself a proper driving enthusiast, and I want the feeling of honesty and participation in the act of driving - that there was my own contribution in doing a fast lap time, or just a fun drive through my favorite roads. To that effect, I don't want things like slop in the steering, voodoo in the throttle modulation, or dullness in the suspension's responses. Unfortunately that's where new cars can interfere with the pleasure of driving and reduce it to a task you do with an appliance.

I think cars in the late 1990s were generally the best. They played that blend of new and old, mechanical and cushy quite well - without excessive nannying or isolation. They were modern, but still felt organic.

But that's just me.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Latest or Outdated? Hmmm.. It really depends on your perspective, I prefer new ones in terms of safety, but in terms of style, it is relative.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I liked the vehicles that were released in the 90's. They were big and the styling is just fine. Not too flashy. Simple ... that's the word to describe them.

It still depends though on the persons taste and wants.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    in terms of safety and technology, of course latest na

pero kung sa style- subjective para sa akin (eg. IMO, the looks of previous generation Honda CR-V is far better than the current)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    pero kung sa style- subjective para sa akin (eg. IMO, the looks of previous generation Honda CR-V is far better than the current)
    aray.

sa totoo lang ang ganda ng oldies eh yung maintenance. napaka dali, walang hirap. karamihan ng parts basic lang. puro mechanical, konti lang electricals (yan ang problem sa new cars puro nalang electronics)

yung mga bago naman, pagdating sa design, kakaunti nalang ang masasabi mong "maganda". Like Genesis Coupe, masyadong Korean ang design nya, pero I want to own one. hehe.

at isa pang advantage ng mga new cars ngayon yung mga hi-tech features. tatlong gabi akong hindi makatulog dahil sa panoramic sunroof ng Tucson ko :rofl:. ang bad side naman, pag binaha or may nasira. mahal na ang spare parts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kotseng latest or outdated? Which one?