New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I don't really care if some people prefer latest cars with some latest desings and some prefer old outdated ones. Meron po ba kayong point na which car design ay bagay sa mga car addicts?

New Cars:

or

Outdated cars:

Decide nga kung kayo ay mahilig sa mga latest o sa mga outdated na kotse...

As for me, I prefer the designs of latest-generation models, and debuted ones... Because IMO, new is better than retro. Or should I say, I'm the anti-retro type?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Outdated (or older) cars require more maintenance and thus require a gearhead or a car addict more than a new car.

Plus the streets here in our country is not really good for new cars. In a short period of time (unless your car is kept and not used) your new car will have all the scars cars get when used in the (dangerous!) streets of the Philippines.

Add to this the post-2000 cars from Toyota suck. Big time. Older Toyotas are very nice to own, easy to maintain and overall very reliable.

But if you are a common car owner not wanting the headache or the challenges of car mods, maintenance and upgrades for older cars then by all means a new car is for you.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    I don't really care if some people prefer latest cars with some latest desings and some prefer old outdated ones. Meron po ba kayong point na which car design ay bagay sa mga car addicts?

---

Decide nga kung kayo ay mahilig sa mga latest o sa mga outdated na kotse...

As for me, I prefer the designs of latest-generation models, and debuted ones... Because IMO, new is better than retro. Or should I say, I'm the anti-retro type?
    some cars kasi are special

kahit old model na, they have this desireability about them

example is a Mercedes built by Porsche

i'm not a Mercedes fanatic but i know some Mercedes fanatics and they just love that car

wiki:
    Between 1991 and 1995, Mercedes-Benz sold a sport version of the W124, the Mercedes-Benz 500 E, created in close cooperation with Porsche. Each 500 E was hand-built by Porsche, being transported back and forth between the Mercedes plant and Porsche's Rossle-Bau plant in Zuffenhausen during assembly — taking a full 18 days to complete each model. Design began in 1989 and into 1991. Between 1992 and 1994, Mercedes/Porsche built a total of 10,359 500 E's (1990 — 46 units; 1991 — 2,566 units; 1992 — 4,416 units; 1993 — 1,596 units; 1994 — 1,735 units)[1]. Called '500 E' through model year 1993, for model year 1994 it was face-lifted along with the rest of the range and renamed to 'E 500'.Of these, 1505 of the "super" sports sedans were imported into the USA between 1992–1994, or roughly 500 cars per year of importation.
    then there are those who love the E30 BMW M3

kanya kanya yan eh

you may think "why the hell are those people so hung up on those old cars?"

maybe some people just develop an attachment to some cars

others don't form attachment to cars and always upgrade to new models when new models come out

pero as years pass and you experience owning many cars, definitely there will be one or two cars that you will fondly remember and wish you hadnt sold

maybe you would even go search for and buy a used one and restore it

i know a guy who has a love affair with the old Honda EG hatch

ilan na ang binili niya

he just loves that car

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako if I had the sources and the money of course, I`d buy a KE70 and restore it.

I don't know. That old car still gets my taste.

Mahirap na kasi magrestore ng old cars at magastos. Kaya each time na may ilalagay ka dun, mapapangiti ka eh ... lalo na pag natapos mo. ;)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It depends on what you want and what you're used to.

It depends on your desire.

It doesn't matter whether it's harder to find parts (if you like oldies) or those parts and maintenance cost a fortune (if you like new-ies)... whatever you desire, you will invent reasons to support your decision.

Many enthusiasts like old cars because of a perceived "honesty" or "immediacy" compared to newer cars. They make you feel more connected to the act or essence of driving. Which is why an E30 BMW M3 or a Honda NSX is viewed as iconic.

Personally. I'm half-and-half. Whether I like "oldies" or new cars depends on the car in question. When my car was new, I preferred new cars. Now that it's old, I prefer old cars. Simply because I like my car.

There are some old cars I like... some new ones I like, too. And it's not the age that determines what I like. It's merely whether the car is a good car or not. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

there are driving enthusiasts who want the raw driving experience

newer cars have electronics that reduce the raw driving experience

newer cars insulate the driver

driving enthusiasts don't want to be insulated
    Last edited by uls; April 17th, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i like both, latest and outdated.

pero favorite ko ito:

outdated:

latest:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    There are keeper cars. There are iconic cars. And cars you just simply loved.

The first may be due to its being revolutionary. The second because of desirability. And the third may be just attachment because it "stood for something" in your life.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dito lang sa Pinas daming mahlig sa oldies, minsan mas malaki pa nagagastos nila para i restore or i maintain yung kanilang oldies kesa bumili ng bago.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Because IMO, new is better than retro. Or should I say, I'm the anti-retro type?
    i believe you're just the anti-retro type that you were talking about hehe just kidding

well for me, i believe dun sa quote before na Newer doesn't always mean better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Kotseng latest or outdated? Which one?