New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i havent gone to dealers to see them yet. i appreciate real life/owners experiences.

ang alama ko lang ay noong 1990 eh kia pride ay pinagtatawanan

ang pagkaalam ko ay mahal ang sta fe and mas mura ang sorento

ok ba ang sorento?? or taga lang ang hyundai??

round 1, fight!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I do not understand bakit ang mahal ng korean cars. Should be half the price of Jap cars at the very least.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I do not understand bakit ang mahal ng korean cars. Should be half the price of Jap cars at the very least.
    because japanese cars are full of recalls, broken rack pinion, airbag, unintended acceleration, poor design, poor hvac, overall epic fail

dapat na tsunami na din yung mga brand nila.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    because japanese cars are full of recalls, broken rack pinion, airbag, unintended acceleration, poor design, poor hvac, overall epic fail

Bakit ang korean ba hindi ganian? Haha

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    meron din akong alam ng elantra na unintened acceleration pero yun lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Can't buy quality vehicles without paying for them.

Look at the Chinese. They can either make absolute garbage, or vehicles that are almost as good as the Japanese and Koreans.

For garbage, you pay nothing.

For vehicles with near-Japanese quality, you pay near-Japanese price.

The Hyundai Santa Fe is a very high quality vehicle for decent money. There are no similar Japanese cars sold here. For the price of a top-of-the-line gasoline Japanese crossover, you get a Korean that's bigger, more luxurious, more powerful and more economical.

The Sorento, on the other hand, is a fantastic bargain. It's not as luxurious as the Santa Fe, but it gives you 190 horses, great handling and tons of space at a price matching that of cheap Japanese crossovers and SUVs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Can't buy quality vehicles without paying for them.

Look at the Chinese. They can either make absolute garbage, or vehicles that are almost as good as the Japanese and Koreans.

For garbage, you pay nothing.

For vehicles with near-Japanese quality, you pay near-Japanese price.

The Hyundai Santa Fe is a very high quality vehicle for decent money. There are no similar Japanese cars sold here. For the price of a top-of-the-line gasoline Japanese crossover, you get a Korean that's bigger, more luxurious, more powerful and more economical.

The Sorento, on the other hand, is a fantastic bargain. It's not as luxurious as the Santa Fe, but it gives you 190 horses, great handling and tons of space at a price matching that of cheap Japanese crossovers and SUVs.
    Have to agree on this one, that's why nowadays no one is laughing at Korean Cars anymore and you can only see lots of :jawdrop: when they see these cars pass by especially on the Highway........

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i owned a 2007 7-seater awd santa fe. very good suv, no complaints. it only had 150 horses but it can go 190kph at sctex. nice ride, not bumpy, a little on the soft side. i can run over small humps without slowing down and not even feel the vehicle being thrown up especially at the rear. good suspension. i only sold it because it was flooded and had lots of problems after that. pero kung hindi nabaha yun pa din siguro ride ko ngayon.

i now own a 2012 5-seater 2wd sorento. a little bit more spacious than the santa fe but has a lower stance (i need to watch my head when i get in). i did not buy the 7-seater because when i had the sta fe we only used the 3rd row seats once. i also did not buy the awd because i never had the need for awd (and besides if i need a 4wd i will buy a REAL 4wd, not a soft roader). the sorento's ride is on the stiff (BUT NOT BUMPY) side, mas matigas sa santa fe pero hindi matagtag gaya ng fortuner. if you just inflate the tyres to 33-34 psi the ride is actually almost like the santa fe's. i actually prefer the stiffer ride of the sorento because it gives more driving confidence when taking corners. something i was not able to do with the santa fe was to take corners at speed, this i can do with the sorento. the main difference daw between 2012 and 2013 sorentos is mas mahaba na daw trailing arm ng new model, making for a more comfortable ride.

so if you like ride comfort, santa fe. if you prefer e median between comfort and cornering ability, sorento.

as for efficiency, the old (2007) santa fe was more fuel efficient at city driving (engine set at 150 hp only) but the more powerful 194hp 2012 sorento is more efficient on hiway drives. since the new santa fe (at 197 hp) and new sorentos have almost the same engine settings (they are the same engine, just different ecu settings) they should have almost the same mileage figures.

there is a BIG blind spot on the old santa fe's left side view mirror which needed one of those stick-on convex mirrors to correct. not so on the sorento, i only need to move my head forward a little to see what's to the rear left of the vehicle. i can not speak for the new santa fe, maybe they had corrected this already.

aftermarket parts, dami sila pareho.

after sales service? some people here will say that they can deal with HARI's stupidly strict 5000km/3 months PM schedule (or lose the warranty), but that is because they have connections or can bully the dealerships because they are mods here in tsikot. but i am an ordinary mortal so i can not live with that HARI mandated PM schedule. imagine spending 8-10k every 3 months even if your vehicle ran only 2000 km. fortunately for sorento owners, columbia does not dictate such a ridiculous PM schedule. it's 5000km/6months for our sorentos.
    Last edited by yebo; April 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post

Our Lexus would want to have a word with you...

---

*thread
    For the price difference alone, I'm on the Kia's side here. However, Hyundai greatly improved the Sta Fe's interior quality, ergonomics, and... holy hell, have you seen the difference in interior materials versus its predecessor? It's like Sonata 2012 versus it's predecessor-which-even-I-don't-know-when-it-was-released.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    If you want more luxury, go for the SF3. If you can live without the bells and whistles, the Sorento is the more practical choice.

I agree with niky and jhnkvn, the interior of the SF3 especially the TOTL is top notch. You get what you pay for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast