New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i would like to ask for your opinion regarding the two models. the following are my key requirements:

1. engine performance
    2. aesthetics
    3. tco

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A new Everest will be coming out late this year or early next year. You might as well wait for it. The existing model is showing its age already. The base model Sorento 4x2 5-seater is a good buy (around 1.35M) with its powerful 2.2L CRDI engine (same as the Hyundai Santa Fe) plus a more car-like ride compared to truck-based ladder-frame midsize SUV (Everest, Montero Sport, Fortuner, Trailblazer).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Apples and oranges?

Sorento: fast, 0-100kph at 9+seconds, drives like a car, good space for 5 (but not for 7 even if you get the 7-seater), comfortable seats and good leg room, easy to drive. Tipid din sa diesel, average 8.5-9.5 km/L city depending on how you drive. Up to 15.5km/L hiway if you keep under 120kph. Reasonable cost din ang pms, my suki kia casa even lets me bring my own parts and oil kaya tipid.

new everest? well it does not exist yet.
    Last edited by yebo; April 11th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung old everest pinapamigay na, 59k all-in.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Sorento 7-seater is more like 5 adults plus 2 kids (or slim/petite teenagers) on the 3rd row.

If you don't need to ferry such a number of people, the 4x2 CRDI 5-seater is the best option.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks for the comments! i can see that the sorento does offer good value. how about durability considering that the everest has a ladder frame and the sorento is car-based? does this detract from the sorento?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trotsky View Post
    thanks for the comments! i can see that the sorento does offer good value. how about durability considering that the everest has a ladder frame and the sorento is car-based? does this detract from the sorento?
    I don't think it'll be a factor unless you'll go off-road and do majority of your travel on rough terrain. I went with the Sorento and I don't regret it!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Get the Sorento. Love your own right?

Seriously, these new-gen Kias are very reliable and posed very few problems down the road.
    Ride is softer than competing SUVs and 5-seater space has nice legroom, especially on the 2nd row.

I have no experience about the diesel version (because mine's a gas) but I think it is economical enough if you don't have a heavy foot.

And you can't beat Sorento's styling.

Go for it!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've taken my 4x2 sorento on dirt, gravel and mud roads a few times, uphill and down hill, di naman kinapos ang power, handling and the ride was quite comfortable. Pero if you ask me if i will do it regularly the answer is a definite NO since it is a softroader and not built for that kind of use. For the occasional "offroad" farm or beach pwede but daily or even weekly then no matter what brand unibody suv you have it will not last that kind of punishment. On tarmac however there is no reason why it will not last as long as the everest.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hi friends,

i am planning to buy a 2nd hand 2012 sorento lx or 2012 everest xlt. Our budget is around 800k.

we will be using the car for daily city driving and 1x or 2x a month out of towns (zambales / baler). Car will be loaded with 3 adults, 2 kids and full cargo for out of towns.

Will the sorento handle rough road easily with a full load? Will ground clearance be a problem?

If we decide for everest, how will ride be in the city with 2-3 passengers? Will ride be bumpy parang jeepney?

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast