New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks mates. their prices are basically in the same range. (between 1.179 for a NBX Ford Escape 2.3 L limited edition to the 1.270 2.5 L Sorento LX upgraded model)

I ws thinking of the best buy really, also it's "dating"! What do you guys think will score more on these? Hehehe.

How about the fuel consumption? Which is more economical to maintain in the long run? Gregg did you have problems on the parts? Ford is harping on their factory here! What you think?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want good fuel consumption, then the diesel-fed Sorento is a no-brainer. Diesel fuel here in the Philippines is cheaper than gasoline fuel... plus a fuel consumption of 8-9km/L is the LEAST that you can get from the Sorento.

From owner feedbacks - no major problem yet for the Sorento.

Though the Escape NBX with its new headlamps does look good.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sorento din. Good CRDi engine, good fuel consumption. Oks din ang porma.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If it were me, Sorento na hands-down.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorento for me. Malakas din ang dating despite being a Korean brand. Successful pa in Europe and the U.S.

Then you point out the armored undercarriage and dual range transfer case to your friends. Para ka nang totoong off-roader. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Among your choices, I'd go for the Sorento.

Why not look at the Fortuner na din.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Prince
    How about the fuel consumption? Which is more economical to maintain in the long run? Gregg did you have problems on the parts? Ford is harping on their factory here! What you think?
    Fuel consumption right now is between 8-9 km/l mostly city driving, but I was able to get 12 km/l when we did a province trip here in the southern part of cebu. Parts, other than Kia Cebu, Korean autoparts (cebu) also provides...

Horsepower, all crdi sorento's are equipped with intercooler turbo's, it's placed * the bottom...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    escape! kasi taga ford si wifey, hehehe

i can refer you there

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sa looks dept. Sorento. Never driven those SUVs kaya di ko alam ang performance o ride quality.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If we're talking about reliability ofcourse NIssan,Kia and ford are piece of crap in the long run.But you also need to account the price of gasonline it's almost $75/barrel now so If i were you i'll get a diesel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kia Sorento OR Ford Escape OR Nissan X-Trail