New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi,

Newbie here. Me gusto sana akong itanong sa mga experts dito...

Planning to buy new car and I need your expert advice. In terms of fuel consumption, space and durability, which is better? This will be used mostly for City driving. If it's going to be loaded with 5 adults, which would perform better?

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    why not consider vios or city? since you need fuel efficient and durable. you can really depend on it. hyundai and kia? not so much thats my opinion

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybill View Post
    Hi,

Newbie here. Me gusto sana akong itanong sa mga experts dito...

Planning to buy new car and I need your expert advice. In terms of fuel consumption, space and durability, which is better? This will be used mostly for City driving. If it's going to be loaded with 5 adults, which would perform better?

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!
    Parehong new model kaya sa durability wala pang makakasagot nyan.
    Kung gusto mo maiba mag rio ka. Halos pareho lang siguro sila sa other aspects.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    They are essentially the same cars, different lng yun body.
    Same engine, same lahat.
    Same FC
    Same Space
    If loaded w/ 5 adults, masikip yun dalawa.

Just test drive both cars, see what fits your bill.
    Although I've noticed, Kia has better fit and finish. But its your call.

For durability, Kia offers 5 years warranty or 160k kms. More than other car makers. So, baka mas ok Kia?

Vios, common na pangtaxi
    City, mahal sobra, bare bones naman ang specs

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    For durability, Kia offers 5 years warranty or 160k kms. More than other car makers. So, baka mas ok Kia?
    Both Kia and Hyundai offer 5-year warranties.

Between the two, I'd get the Rio. Why?

- Better suspension. The Accent has a soft rear suspension that easily bottoms out over humps. Also, in general, Kia suspensions are tuned to have firmer and sportier rides than their Hyundai counterparts.

- Rarer. While both are pretty cars, the fewer number of Rios on the road make it more of a looker than the Accent.

- Less vehicle/dealer complaints. Fewer Rio owners have complained about knocking issues on their Rios, and complaints about Kia dealers aren't as rampant as those about Hyundai. However, this may simply be a result of the fact that there are fewer Rio owners in the first place.

Other things to consider:

- For the Accent, the 1.4 GL MT has less features than the 1.4 GL AT.
    - For the Rio, the 1.4 EX MT has exactly the same features as the 1.4 EX AT.
    - The 1.4 EX AT Rio and 1.4 GL AT Accent have practically the same features and specs.
    - Since both cars have the same 1.4L Gamma engine, they are susceptible to the knocking issue that several Accent owners experienced. However, this isn't really a widespread case (more of just a few guys who've made the issue bigger than it seems), and in case you do get afflicted by it, you can have your ECU reprogrammed.

Now, comparing the Hyundai/Kia twins to other subcompacts:

- The 1.4L engine on both cars isn't as efficient as the 1.3 engines from Toyota, Mazda or Honda. In fact, fuel consumption is actually closer to the 1.5/1.6L engines of the Jazz/City, Fiesta and Mazda 2. The most fuel efficient 1.3L subcompacts are the Vios and Mazda 2. The most fuel efficient 1.5L subcompacts are the Vios and Yaris.

- The Kia/Hyundai twins are the most spacious subcompacts in terms of interior room.

- Features of the EX/GL models are comparable to the Vios 1.3G (740k), City 1.3S (786k), Jazz 1.3S (792k), and Fiesta 1.4 Trend (739k).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    accent bec it looks expensive lapit sa Benz likod eh. Sedan rio looks like a masa car tulad ng sedan fiesta, mz2.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kung sa porma mas gusto ko un RIO pero sa specs mas gusto ko yun ACCCENT hehehe
    yun Vios kasi pang taxi...kung my budget try mo kaya yun honda jazz

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Rio na... wala yan vios ang liit nyan...

Btw, meron na mga rio sedans na ginagawang taxi....

Kia Rio Sedan or Hyundai Accent