New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i drive a 1.3 Nissan LEC PS. it's 11 y/o and i've had it for 9 yrs (2nd hand). i drive it 5 days a week qc-makati-qc. medyo underpowered coz of the big body and small engine... but i can get it up to over 100kph if i wanted to. FC is 7.8km/L city. installed a gas saving device and got it up to 9.3km/L (although i found out later that you could do this without the device)

medyo na neglect ko sya sa maintenance. change oil & changed the sparkplugs lang.

started having trouble when the car was about 8-9 y/o... nothing major, though. biggest expense for a single repair was roughly 4K

even with all of that said, everyone who takes it for a drive always says, "ang ganda pa tumakbo!" and i know it does.

not bad for a 11y/o neglected car

the only pro i see in the kia is probably better FC... but everything else belongs to the sentra

ako GTX--1.3L on a smaller body..pero dont be fooled maluwag loob nito ha..

mom'm pride only doese 8-9 kasi matic..kaya DONT GET THE MATIC.

what you'll get on the gtx:

front power windows, power antenna, defogger...add 10T for a powersteering kit...

what the gtx can do: kung malakas loob mo, my mom's AT 1.3L 3-speed maxed out 160kph...pero 140 palang nagagawa ko dun...

and piyesa at maintenance wise: kulang nalang sa sari-sari store ka bumili sa dami ng parts....mapa-korean or japanese(yes mazda parts will fit) mura parin...kahit porma to KDM(korean market look) or JDM (ford festiva look), mura pa rin gagastusin mo..

if you can get on the limited 1.3L all power hatch(included na steering) relased mga 2002-2003 sulit! basta get the manual....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sa sentra ka na...no competition

amp! ako lang pala nag-pro sa kia---cheapskate ako for a daily ride, and dont mind the interior much....

di kasi ako fond of base models--and GTX pride is not a base model of the pride series...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra. mahina ang CV joints ng Kia Pride... its about as roomy as the Sentra pero bare accomodations ang pakiramdam. feels fragile, yung pedals, shifter, stalks, buttons etc as compared to the sentra.

you get a bullet engine with the Sentra pa. if going for B13, get the EX, not the JX. eto yung facelifted na. PS, 1.4L pero carb pa eto. if you can stretch your money. B14 EX ang maganda sa low budget ride.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its not even a question, GO SENTRA!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I agree.. this is not even a question. Mas may potential yung isa! Sir, I suggest you choose from Sentra 1.3L, Lancer 1.3L or the Mazda323 1.3L.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ibang level yung sentra na 1.3 at kia pride. im sure at least 80% ng responses in favor sa sentra.

lam mo naman ang stigma sa kia pride.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I would suggest the sentra din.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would definitely choose the Sentra. I have no issues with the Kia of today - in fact, I am planning on buying a Kia Carens very very soon and hardly had any doubts on the decision to buy that. HOWEVER, the Kia of yesteryear is a different story - specifically, the Kia Pride that became so prevalent on our roads. Quality-wise, the Kia Pride was not that sturdy. While it may be true that maintaining a Pride is pretty cheap (given the widespread distribution of this car here), I think I would rather have a vehicle that didn't break down as often and have a slightly higher maintenance cost than a vehicle that will leave me stranded on a deserted road. Mura nga ang maintenance ng Pride pero hassle naman kung laging nasa casa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kia pride GTX or Nissan Sentra 1.3