New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi Sirs,

I'm thinking of buying a compact car coz I still have a revo and only need one for daily work commute that is fuel-efficient and easy on the wallet, my wife and I were thinking of buying the mirage but its expensive for me, didnt want the chevy coz of parts accessibility and wary of the hyundai ASS stories . Thats why I limited my choices to kia picanto 1.0 Mt or the suzuki celerio and alto.
    The things I prefer in a compact car are listed below.
    Criteria :
    1. Fuel efficient(at least 10km/L for mixed driving)
    2. Budget(590k below)
    3. Features( keyless entry,power windows, rear window wiper......)

I like the Picanto 1.0 Mt coz of its features(keyless entry,power features etc...) but Im very wary of the FC horror stories of its AT version. I don't like the celerio becoz of its separate tachometer and "bitin" features. Our last option is the Alto 800 w/ is super fuel efficient,cheap although lacking also in features and as my wife says it seems "manipis" . We don't need a sedan( d na kkasya sa garahe pg andun yng revo ). Hope you guys can give your ten cents worth. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    expensive ang mirage? 498k lang glx MT. 588k gls MT

i recommend mirage then hyundai eon. kung strictly sa choices, picanto na lang

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by benru3tps View Post
    Hi Sirs,

I'm thinking of buying a compact car coz I still have a revo and only need one for daily work commute that is fuel-efficient and easy on the wallet, my wife and I were thinking of buying the mirage but its expensive for me, didnt want the chevy coz of parts accessibility and wary of the hyundai ASS stories . Thats why I limited my choices to kia picanto 1.0 Mt or the suzuki celerio and alto.
    Criteria :
    2. Budget(590k below)

I like the Picanto 1.0 Mt coz of its features(keyless entry,power features etc...) but Im very wary of the FC horror stories of its AT version. I don't like the celerio becoz of its separate tachometer and "bitin" features. Our last option is the Alto 800 w/ is super fuel efficient,cheap although lacking also in features and as my wife says it seems "manipis" . We don't need a sedan( d na kkasya sa garahe pg andun yng revo ). Hope you guys can give your ten cents worth. Thanks in advance.
    ibebenta mo ba ung revo after makabili ng compact car?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    pasok lahat yung hinahanap mo TS sa Mirage GLS M/T

1.) 12 - 15 Km/L city driving (based on my experience).

2.) 588K SRP as mentioned by Bro DCT. Di pa kasama discount at freebies dyan.

3.) keyless entry,power windows, rear window wiper......and more!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    The cheapest is alto 800 only 430k yata.... i have an 08 alto dlx 800cc mixed fc nyan is 13 to 15 depende sa pagdrive.. top speed on nlex sctex 140kph. sa features talo ang alto.. ako nag aftermarket na lang to cover yung mga wala na features

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Depende pa din naman sa taste mo TS but all choices are good

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzel View Post
    The cheapest is alto 800 only 430k yata.... i have an 08 alto dlx 800cc mixed fc nyan is 13 to 15 depende sa pagdrive.. top speed on nlex sctex 140kph. sa features talo ang alto.. ako nag aftermarket na lang to cover yung mga wala na features

Actually, 380 lang yung "Standard".

If all you need is wheels and an aircon. Ayun na.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sir I think the Mirage will fit your budget. 590k is 2k more sa GLS MT Mirage.

But on your choices, I'd take the picanto. Sobrang pogi kasi ng picanto kaso yung FC nga daw eh not at par with the likes of the Celerio, Mirage and i10.

Correct lang kita sir, since you are going for a Suzuki Celerio GA. Wala pong tachometer to. We own a Suzuki Celerio GL MT, yun yung may tach, bitin na bitin sa features yung Celerio GA. Unlike the Celerio GL kaya hindi ko na masuggest to. Pero kung FC at FC lang ang habol mo. sa Celerio na ako. Sabihin na nating sulit na sulit yung misis ko sa Celerio namin.

Pero dahil olats na ang GA. Mirage ka na lang sir.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzel View Post

Bro yun Cheapest Alto 800 is the Standard model (Base model). Price at P 388,000. Dami bumibili nyan kasi mura.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benru3tps View Post
    Hi Sirs,

Criteria :
    2. Budget(590k below)

Safety not part of the Criteria?
    Between the three local spec models, only the Celerio has Dual-Airbags, ABS and EBD.
    The Picanto sold elsewhere is good, but they deleted the safety features on the local model, while the Alto is a dated 90's vehicle underneath, wrapped in modern skin.

PS: You said you didn't want a Mirage because you thought it was too expensive, but 3 Mirage models actually fit your "below P590K" criteria.
    Mirage GLX 1.2 MT - P498K
    Mirage GLX 1.2 CVT - P548K
    Mirage GLS 1.2 MT - P588K

Safety features: GLS has Dual-Airbags, while the GLX has Dual-Airbags and ABS + EBD.

Try to check out all three models (might as well include the Mirage too) and schedule a test drive.
    Last edited by AG4; October 14th, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kia Picanto 1.0 Mt vs. Suzuki Celerio GA MT vs. Suzuki Alto 800 Dluxe