New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mainly I'd go with the SWB Carnival, except for:
    - Lower ground clearance (depending on your usual parking areas, the front lip might get scratched).
    - 3rd row seats do not fold away, they have to be removed (unlike the Innova's, that can be folded to the side, so you'll just have to plan your hauling/loading of big items).

Definitely the Kia scores on:
    - passenger comfort. Good car like ride, and sitting room for adults in the 3 rows.
    - handling - coz it handles like a car, or a slightly taller one.

Sadly, there is no more SWB A/T.

Personally, I'd go for the LWB AT if you have no problems with parking space. Though it's longer, it more flexible IMO.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    buy a 2nd hand carnival 2009-11 model-- much value for money at mababa ang resale value...

stated nanaman halos lahat ng pros. and cons...

add ko pa.. wider by more or less 11 inches ang kia carnival...

3rd row can comfortably seats 3 adults... 4 kung kids...

when it comes to f.c. malakas compare mo sa innova... at super tipid naman kasi ang innova...

at IMO its higher in class than the innova

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    innova ako reliable , mahirap sumugal sa carnival hindi pa masyado subok

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I used to own a KIA carnival.. mas ok ang ride yan compared sa innova.. space mas malaki.. No problem with the diesel engine..regarding low clearance.. Never pa ako nagkaproblema.. BTW, nadala ko yan papunta dun sa office ng papuntang pinatubo trek (where all the 4x4 parked - STATION 1), hindi naman ako nagkaproblema sa sayad... Siyempre hindi ko na nadala yan sa STATION 2, kasi pang 4x4 na kailangan mo dun.

I am pretty sure mas comfortable ka at lalo na pasahero mo compared to an innova..

Reliability, 4 years of ownership, no major problem except for the rotor disc and alternator which was covered by warranty.. So far wala naman na akong naging problema na. except that the battery need 100 amps otherwise sisirain ang alternator mo.

Given a chance to buy a brand new mpv, between the innova and carnival, i will choose the carnival again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

what is now the mileage of your carnival sir?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Thank you guys on your valuable inputs...though mas comfortable ride ang carnival it seems I may lean towards practicality wise mina..since it has a igher ground clearance and more available parts..though parehas lang sila halos sa maintenance cost..but it's also important for me yung availability..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Heard good reviews sa carnival except one: prone sa holdap kasi super bagal magclose nung power side doors. Nakapasok na kawatan sa loob kotse d pa fully close. Tapos d daw pwede manual close. Can you confirm this carnival owners?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The things people think about ...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Carnival does have physical door handles which, I believe, should be capable of closing manually. Besides, the power sliding doors are optional equipment present only in the high end variants.

Ground clearance of Carnival and Innova are pretty much the same, with only negligible difference, if any. Parts should be widely available for both as well. Carnival should also have the more reliable fuel system in the long term since it uses the German Bosch system as compared to the Innova's more finicky Denso system. At just around 1.1M for the M/T SWB variant, the Carnival is definitely more bang for the buck. FC also shouldn't be that bad with the manual variant, not to mention the excellent performance that comes with such a setup.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    when it comes to parts, kia is always cheaper.. just source it outside case...

you can get it at banawe fronte... or goodgear pasay...

when it comes to availability of parts... pareho lang madali hanapin....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast