New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Good Day Guys,

Please bear with my long post:

We are a family of 5, we have 6 cars (2 Corolla XL, 1 Revo, 1 Civic VTI, 1 Cefiro, 1 Corolla GL) 4 of us knows how to drive..We only owned manual cars. If he will avail any of the unit we definitely would have to dispose some of our cars to make way for either of the cars mentioned below.

My dad recently was offered by his company to avail either a Used Toyota Fortuner or a new Toyota Altis. Daily route will be QC to Ortigas.

Here are the current situation:

1) Toyota Fortuner- we do not have an idea what model it will be..we know that the Fortuner was first introduced back in 2005 so we will just presume that the unit being offered to my dad is an 05 model. We do not know if it is a diesel or gas model, 4X4 or 4X2.

2) Toyota Altis- not much information was given to my dad as to what variant it will be. But if my dad will choose the Altis he would definitely go for the M/T variant whether "E" or "G".

Maintenance- Most likely will be covered by the company. Fuel expense, most likely they will have an allowance.

* Note: Not that I'm assuming or what, but I am thinking the company will be giving the car to him when he resigns in the future. Since both the Corolla GL and Civic VTI did came from the same company which was eventually sold to him for 1 peso each..So I'm also considering the long term ownership of the vehicle.

* OT: Which vehicle should we dispose?

Thanks for reading, looking forward for your suggestion and replies.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Better choose the Fort imo since your cars are mostly sedans.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Which vehicle should we dispose?
    You mentioned two vehicles right? Siguro yung Cefiro and one Corolla XL since you need the space.

If the company is taking care of everything, suggest ko na yung Fortuner. But then, can we know what model is the Fortuner para may idea kami?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nothing beats brand new!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would dispose the two oldest cars, imho.... not sure what they are.... only you can determine.
    and i would get the Fort...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bigay pala ng company at sagot pa maintenance at gas so for me, Fort na. tapos pagnabenta na sa dad mo ng piso mas malaking chance na mas mataas pa resale value ng suv.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Huwag naman ung '05 na Fort. Kung slightly used maybe a 2010 or 2011 Fort perhaps.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Me? Dispose the cars using several criteria and in a stepwise manner

1. Get rid of the car that relatively gives you the most problems.

2. If there is duplication of function

3. yes, puede oldest if the no other criteria involved.

----
    It's time to get an SUV.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i would dispose the two oldest cars, imho.... not sure what they are.... only you can determine.
    and i would get the Fort...
    I agree. The 2 oldest should go in preparation for either of the 2 new ones. That should make it 1 car for each one who drives.

On Fortuner vs. Altis, well it depends on what model the Fortuner is. If it's the 2005 model, I might just look toward the brand new Altis. Sure a 2005 model Fortuner that's well maintained may be more prestigious or command more presence for your dad, but then it's a 7 year old SUV. Lalabas na din ang mga sakit niyan soon.

If it's a later model Fortuner I would still check out if it's a diesel or gas, also check on its mileage and service history.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i'd sell the oldest cars. or the ones with the most headaches. or maybe the ones with the highest fuel guzzling ability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast