New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    for me FORTUNER na kaya lang wag sana 2005 model at dapat diesel kung 2ndhand dapat good parin walang tama ang engine
    para maiba din mas astig parin yun fortuner kahit 2ndhand pa at ok parin resale value taz naka mags wow na uli

dispose mo na yun cefiro lakas nun sa gas at yun isang corola

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sell the two corollas, if you buy an altis

sell the revo, if you buy fortuner

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the Fort is more than three years old or has a high mileage, go for the brand new Altis.

I'd also probably sell 2-3 of the older cars and get a slightly used Innova or something.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks for the quick replies..will update you guys if I have additional information about the Fortuner..
    By the way, my guess is most likely the fortuner is owned by the boss of the company so it is casa maintained and is probably driven by the family driver..

Regarding disposal of the old cars..actually all 5 cars consume same amount of fuel..7-7.8 km/L? Only the VTI gets around 8+ km/L (maybe it has something to do with being casa maintained since 0 km. now on it's 90K+ kms. haha)

We are just hesitant to dispose the old cars since basically the maintenance is not that expensive as compared to newer cars? Like the 2 corolla big body (XL) and corolla small body (GL) parts are still easy to be sourced. Cefiro, we just got it last November and it is a manual, so much easier to maintain? We have also just replaced some of it's major parts like alternator and underchassis parts, power steering repair kit and the engine gaskets..Revo also got it 2nd hand 4 years ago, still manual..only need to change shock absorber and cleaning of AC..VTI, so far only the power steering leak problem..

Things to consider also the coding..the revo, cefiro and 1 corolla xl are all coding on a wednesday..Hopefully the fortuner won't have an E.P of "5" or "6"..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK yang Cefiro, lalo na't manual. Very good weekend car and yet can still perform duties of a daily driver without stinging the wallet too much.

I'd suggest you sell the AE92. Napakaluma na niyan, and I'd presume it isn't getting very good gas mileage considering that it is 1.6L carb.

Kahit papano kunin mo yung Fort. Even if its just the 2.5D4D, at least mas mabilis at mas matipid dun sa Revo diba? The resale value of the Fort is also relatively solid.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    fortuner. puro sedan na cars nyo e. puro corolla pa, corolla rin ang altis e :D para may choices din pag kailangan. sa baha, lubak, or what

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The 2.7G VVTi fort consumes an average of 5-6km/L City driving. The 2.5G D4D still might bear the woes of the D4D engine, and that leaves you to the most ok choice which is the 3.0D4D.

Road presence, image and what not.. Hands down Fortuner. Everything else such as comfort, peace of mind and bragging rights = Altis.

If it's the 3.0L D4D Fortuner, I'd pick that, else, I'd go with the brand new Altis G.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Go for the fort. Time for your family to experience SUV.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kulang info he he depende sa fortuner saka will it be yours after a lenght of time kung mapupunta sa inyo yung car

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Kulang info he he depende sa fortuner saka will it be yours after a lenght of time kung mapupunta sa inyo yung carbrand new altis pero kung hindi fortuner. Kasi in the long run mas maganda brand new

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12