New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gentlemen;
    I am a hairline away from committing myself to either a carnival or starex(diesel engines). I have a family of five(plus two not so small dogs) and with much reservation, I have made a decision to dispose of my old 4banger for a family ride. I now seek your wise counsel to assist me in this undertaking. I am looking for model years 2001 to 2003 either the Kia carnival (which I really love except for the branding) or the street sleek Hyundai starex. Both of which I dedicate much respect for so...no pun intended but consider me a blind pupil seeking wisdom from the forum of ride experts. May the torque be with you and fleas help!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    what's your problem with the branding???
    Anyway, from your option, go get the Kia

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    u let ur dogs ride inside or outside the car? Normally, double cab pickups are a better choice if you transport pets. But if you don't mind the doggy smell and hair shedding inside the car, then a closed type vehicle it is. Starex IF its CRDi. If not, Kia Carnival Park 2 series (surplus/imported) or the Kia Sedona.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I love my 2002 Kia Sedona. However, given your particular circumstances (i.e. family of 5 plus 2 dogs), I would have to recommend the Starex because of the more versatile last row seating configuration --you can fold the last row of the Starex so you'll have room for two large dog carriers, plus room for five persons. Pwede rin naman magkasya ang dalawang dog carrier sa Sedona, but you'll just be sliding the last row forward since it cannot be split and folded out of the way.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    starex crdi bigger and more powerful mas flexible if ypu have big family.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    starex.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    how 'bout chevy venture?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    starex

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What type of dogs are we talking about? are these toy dogs which your kids will hold in their laps while travelling or big dogs like labs, dalmatians?

If they are toy dogs and you don't bring them with a pet carrier then a carnival will do. However, if they are big dogs and transport them with a pet carrier then the starex is for you. Unfortunately the 2001 to 2003 starex doesn't come with a CRDI engine.

tnx

Rodski

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    IMHO: TCI or CRDI,- Starex is still better than Carnival.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Kia Carnival or Hyundai Starex