New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im choosing between the two for my company car. I have three young kids and use a driver sometimes. I know They are two totally different kinds of vehicles but ive narrowed my choices down to these two regardless. If i got the carnival my kids would use it more than me. If i got the explorer, well hehehehe.

I already have the v6 explorer limited but i really like this SUV and i cant wait for the facelift to arrive next year. And the torque and turbo of the sport version are really enticing. Not to mention its got paddle shifters. Interior wise they are identical. Im still keeping the v6 explorer regardless of what car i choose. Maybe when the facelift comes out i will sell the v6 and get that.

I was a previous carnival owner. I like the new model a hell of a lot better. It looks better and has a more advanced and powerful engine. The toys are nice as well and its a diesel. Entry for the third row is easy and it ticks of all the nice to have amenities except for paddle shifters

But in the meantime this is my dilemma. The functionality of the explorer is duplicated in my other cars. Its just a faster version the carnival is nice and spacious but i would never drive it.

But other suggestions are welcome. Budget is roughly the cost of the explorer sport variant 2.8m. I dont like entry level german cars. The value for money is next to nothing.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Since your keeping the V6... I'd choose the Kia Carnival...being practical about it.

Then again your probably dreaming of the Explorer sport already. Better get whAt you want. In the end it's what makes you happy. I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind the V6....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Me personally ayaw kong same car in my garage, so carnival ako. Pero mukhang gusto mo talaga explorer, go for it. Mas proud pa siguro mga kids kaysa carnival. Hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    My wife weighed in on the discussion. She wants the carnival LOL. Though she said if iget the explorer the gas will kill me. Im sure its roughly the same as the v6 unless you mash it.

Will look at the carnival soon.

Ford libis is giving me a 50k discount for the explorer since im already their customer.

Now that it was mentioned in the e150 thread, those starex limousines also seem interesting.
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 7th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Starex Limo doesn't feel quite as solid or refined as the Carnival or the Explorer. Lots of space and kit, but it's still a rather utilitarian diesel van underneath.

Not as utilitarian as the Grandia, but you get what I mean.

-

Haven't seen the 2015 Carnival yet. I wonder if they've fixed the issue with the folding seats. The seat folding and removal mechanism in the old one was kind of clunky. Otherwise, a great alternative to the Odyssey... more bang for the buck.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Starex Limo doesn't feel quite as solid or refined as the Carnival or the Explorer. Lots of space and kit, but it's still a rather utilitarian diesel van underneath.

Not as utilitarian as the Grandia, but you get what I mean.

-

Haven't seen the 2015 Carnival yet. I wonder if they've fixed the issue with the folding seats. The seat folding and removal mechanism in the old one was kind of clunky. Otherwise, a great alternative to the Odyssey... more bang for the buck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Wala sa dalawa, grand starex din isu-suggest ko. Much better value for money.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im not paying for it naman so isasagad ko yung benefit

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Alphard na lang kung ganun.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thats out of budget na
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 7th, 2015 at 08:35 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Secondhand? I know quite a few people will be upgrading to the new model and trading in their old ones.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast