New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im comparing these 3. actually 4 nun una, counting the innova E AT.

all diesel units.

mukang kia carens and sportage lamang sa akin. ive seen tucson. the size is perfect. not too big not too small. pero looking inside it looks cramped.

carens and sportage is very roomy.

carens is more advanced. the engine, then overall functional like rear doors open wide. easy access to the cabin. pero its small. looks boring on the outside.

sportage naman... looks big! pero rear doors dont open as wide as carens, getting off is a bit troublesome for me. pero very roomy sa loob. looks good outside.

price diff of both kia units is only 30K

alin kaya?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Sportage is almost exactly the same car as the Tucson, apart from minor trim and design details. Get whichever of the two you like better and you can get a better price on. They're more refined than the Innova, and have a sturdier underchassis than the Carens.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how come the sportage looks bigger than the tucson?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mukha lang. Pero they share the same platform... Kia always makes their car look muscular kinda like the Sorento against the Santa Fe. Hyundai makes their car more ***y (maliban sa current Tucson kasi parang may old shades of Korean design pa din especially yung front) than macho. Kaya mas mukhang malaki yung Sportage kaysa Tucson.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and tucson has cramped interiors vs roomy interiors of sportage.

i also noticed in tucson masikip don sa aircon swithches when the gear is in Park.

un nga lang. mas mura tucson ngayon....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    hmmmm, iyung sa likod ng tucson maluwag and masarap sumakay.. and i personally dont like the looks of the sportage hehe although i think naka abs rin and 2 airbags ito right? i think iyun ang lamang ng sportage sa tucson, iyung tucson naman 5 years warranty and only 1 air bag T_T hehe, also i like the carens also but ang kia palaging nag price increase ang mahal na ng carens ngayon x_X

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sportage now has only driver side airbag nalang. i think kaya mahal kia ngayon dahil malaki rin sila mag discount. ndi ko gets marketing strategy nila....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post
    im comparing these 3. actually 4 nun una, counting the innova E AT.

all diesel units.

mukang kia carens and sportage lamang sa akin. ive seen tucson. the size is perfect. not too big not too small. pero looking inside it looks cramped.

carens and sportage is very roomy.

carens is more advanced. the engine, then overall functional like rear doors open wide. easy access to the cabin. pero its small. looks boring on the outside.

sportage naman... looks big! pero rear doors dont open as wide as carens, getting off is a bit troublesome for me. pero very roomy sa loob. looks good outside.

price diff of both kia units is only 30K

alin kaya?
    get the carens if you want passenger comfort(sedan platform), extra 2 seats(sayang din ito pag kailangan mo), poweful engine(it has vgt), roomier cabin(wheelbase of carens is 2700mm compare to 2629mm of tucson and sportage plus the carens has high roofline)

but if you prefer porma then get the sportage
    for practicality and versatility get the carens
    Last edited by valskie01; February 20th, 2009 at 12:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for the carens.... but if you are looking for higher ground clearance, i would go for the tucson.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since 5-passenger lang naman ang Tucson, have you considered Mitsu Strada?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
KIA carens VS KIA sportage VS HYUNDAI tucson