New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi, Tsikoteers.

I'm currently in search of a vehicle that can accommodate 5 adults and 1 kid. It will be used mostly by my parents but will be the family car on some out-of-town trips. I checked the internet and it seems that these 2 meet my requirements and budget which is 600K.

What are the pros and cons of each vehicle? Also, feel free to share if you have other suggestions.

Thank you and Godbless.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    It seems like parehas lang price nila. So might as well get the carens diesel. Matipid na, malakas pa

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Basing from your budget
    you're in the used car market
    The carens gets my vote
    it's bigger and has a diesel engine
    the grand livina is small
    My suggestion
    take a look at the toyota innova
    it is bigger and spacious
    if you are looking for a vehicle
    w/ cheap maintenance and w/ gadgets
    and will last a nuclear explosion
    take a look at the isuzu sportivo

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kia Carens bro. Matulin na matipid pa. Or, you can get the SWB Carnival. Much more spacious and comfortable, though not as fuel efficient.

Then there's the ubiquitous family car. The Innova is it if a reliable, point A to point B car is what you're after. You get a fuel efficient engine with adequate power, sturdy ladder frame chassis with rear wheel drive and surprisingly high flood wading capability.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *Crosswind
    Thank you, i'll consider this.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kia Carens bro. Matulin na matipid pa. Or, you can get the SWB Carnival. Much more spacious and comfortable, though not as fuel efficient.

Then there's the ubiquitous family car. The Innova is it if a reliable, point A to point B car is what you're after. You get a fuel efficient engine with adequate power, sturdy ladder frame chassis with rear wheel drive and surprisingly high flood wading capability.

Thank you for the response. How about the maintenance? mahirap ba sya imantain yung Carens?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    elderly folks will appreciate a car that is not too tall when getting into. livina or carens.
    but the livina has, i think, only one aircon row.. up front.
    the auvs, suvs, well, they're tall and your folks might not want to clamber up that much anymore..
    i love the innova, but my wife does not appreciate its tall floor..
    but be prepared for complaints from the little ones.. the 3rd seat isn't something to be proud about. hirap pasukin, medyo masikip..
    bottomline for these smaller vehicles.. the 3rd row is an afterthought.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    elderly folks will appreciate a car that is not too tall when getting into. livina or carens.
    but the livina has, i think, only one aircon row.. up front.
    the auvs, suvs, well, they're tall and your folks might not want to clamber up that much anymore..
    i love the innova, but my wife does not appreciate its tall floor..
    but be prepared for complaints from the little ones.. the 3rd seat isn't something to be proud about. hirap pasukin, medyo masikip..
    bottomline for these smaller vehicles.. the 3rd row is an afterthought.
    I totally agree with you with regards to the tall floor.
    I really like the Carens and i've read great things things about it. The only thing that worries me is its turbo. How can i make sure that it was properly maintained since 2nd hand ko sya kukunin?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    I totally agree with you with regards to the tall floor.
    I really like the Carens and i've read great things things about it. The only thing that worries me is its turbo. How can i make sure that it was properly maintained since 2nd hand ko sya kukunin?
    Kung Hindi proper maintenance ginawa, noon pa nasira yan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ax30g View Post
    Thank you for the response. How about the maintenance? mahirap ba sya imantain yung Carens?
    We have a 2011 Santa Fe CRDi currently with 54tkms on the clock, and I believe maintenance is similar. Hindi naman mahirap bro. It is actually pretty similar to gas engines. Change oil every 5tkms, just a few liters more than its gasoline counterpart. And then follow all the procedures on the manual. Before getting one, best to have it brought to a nearby gas station to be lifted and inspected for any leaks.

If you see the numerous smoke belching or weird-sounding Accent CRDi cabs, you'll know that it won't take that long to destroy a CRDi if it isn't treated right. Just perform maintenance procedures religiously, load up with clean diesel and perform proper turbo "cool down" especially after rigorous driving. Take care of the car, car takes care of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast