New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Our company is looking for a brand new car. These are the top 3 choices. Important sa amin yung reliability and gas efficiency ng car pero dapat matibay in case of accidents. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hondafan View Post
    Our company is looking for a brand new car. These are the top 3 choices. Important sa amin yung reliability and gas efficiency ng car pero dapat matibay in case of accidents. What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
    depende....sino gagamit? manager level ba? kung oo, pwede na Mazda3. pero kung pang field lets say ng mga sales agents or pang logistics, Vios ang maganda.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; October 18th, 2006 at 02:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mazda3 1.6li - 10.7 km/li City and 13.8 km/li highway.

Vios
    1.3li - 16.8 km/li highway
    1.5li - 14.4 km/li highway

Jazz

1.3li - 11 km/li City 15 km/li highway
    1.5li - 17.7 km/lihighway

Fuel consumptions based on C! Magazine.

Important sa amin yung reliability and gas efficiency ng car pero dapat matibay in case of accidents.
    Mazda3 1.6S is a good choice bec. if you study the fuel consumption rates above, it is very close to the "fuel-economy-king" Honda Jazz. In terms of safety, the US IIHS gave it "GOOD" rating (highest) for its frontal offset test. <http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=220>. However, it was given a "POOR" rating (lowest) for its Side impact test results.<http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=304> But that is bec. it does not have any side airbags installed. I'm sure the Mazda3 scores very compared to your other choices based on the results presented above.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, in real world use (because C! usually uses northern testing routes, which are less crowded... and they have many different drivers, so testing methodology is sometimes suspect)... again, in real world use, the Mazda3 1.6 gets around 10-11 km/l in mixed driving, while the 1.5s get around 14 km/h in the same situation, and the Jazz 1.3 gets 16-17 (from owners).

I'd pick the Mazda3 1.6 myself, biggest interior, most comfortable, most expensive, yes, but you're buying a lot of space for that money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safey> It's a toss-up between the Jazz & Mazda3 - with both having good crash test ratings abroad. Though personally I'd pick the Mazda3 since in real world accidents a bigger car means more metal is between you and the pavement.

Reliability> Japanese car manufacturers almost have the same degree of quality & reliability. Not a real issue in this comparison.

Fuel Economy> The Jazz will win this one... though both the Vios & Mazda3 will not be that far behind.

===

My Choice? The Mazda3 - my only gripe is the lack of accelerating power & that in manual mode - the automatic has a slight delayed response.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; October 19th, 2006 at 04:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    a friend of mine gets only 8.5km/li on his mazda 3 while we get at least 12++ km/li on our 1.5 vios. that's on metro manila traffic.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung pang-company lang vios na lang

Jazz, Mazda 3 or Vios