New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi mga car experts,

Ano advice nyo. Pag dating sa kotse tumatagal talaga sa amin. Aabutin ng 10-15 years bago ibenta.

Gusto ko talaga manual transmission. Pero 1.3 kasi mahina daw hatak. (naka-drive ako nung late 90s na 1st gen city ok naman) Yung 1.5 ok na sana kaso matic.

Ano meron features sa 1.5 na mahirap iresist? Dapat kasi sa mga top of the line may manual.

Kasi sa matic malakas sa gas, tapos after 8-10 years jerking na tranmission.(experience sa lancer).

Salamat sa inyong magiging advice

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ano meron features sa 1.5 na mahirap iresist?

- Helios yellow color. OEM 16's mags. +200cc

On the serious note ...

Normal wear and tear for the automatic transmission should be expected especially if you keep the car long.

However, you could somewhat decrease the number of problems that might appear in your transmission if you just follow it's maintenance.

If you really want a 1.5L vehicle in M/T form at the same time, cheap then you should be looking at the Toyota Yaris by now or the Toyota Vios 1.5M/T. The location of the instrument panel of the two is somewhat, not attractive.

If the Jazz however is you last bet then I guess you could just opt for the 1.3L instead. It's transmission is manual so I guess it wouldn't be really underpowered unless you fill it up with heavyweight people + baggage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ano meron features sa 1.5 na mahirap iresist?

- Helios yellow color. OEM 16's mags. +200cc

Don't forget the power-folding side mirrors.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    May dagdag question ako. Ito year kaya may facelift na jazz?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    Gusto ko talaga manual transmission. Pero 1.3 kasi mahina daw hatak. (naka-drive ako nung late 90s na 1st gen city ok naman) Yung 1.5 ok na sana kaso matic.
    In the case of the GE6 Jazz...don't believe it.

The GE6 Jazz feels weak because of the A/T and its gutless programming. Pair it with the manual gearbox and it comes alive. Engine-wise, comparing it to the old GD1 Jazz 1.3 is like night and day.

In capable hands a GE6 can do a 55.55sec lap around Subic International Raceway. A friend of mine just set that time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Engine-wise, comparing it to the old GD1 Jazz 1.3 is like night and day.
    Ibig sabihin mas maganda engine ng jazz ngayon?

Kasi ang nagamit ko pa lang na 1.3 yung honda city dati late 90s.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    exact same sentiments and dilemma water...

etong Jazz ang hinahangad ko ngayon, kahit yung 1.3 lang with MT... of course panalo talaga yung 1.5 pero manual driver talaga ako e...
    our FD will turn 4 this May pero gusto ko parang pang coding nalang siya, economics din issue for me so talagang Jazz 1.3 MT fits best as an everyday ride... this has my vote...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new 1.3 engine doesn't really feel any weaker in the low rpm ranges than the old 1.3, and it really comes alive at high revs. (it's one of the best 1.3s I've ever driven) The only issue with the 1.3 in the new Jazz is when it's matched to the 5-speed automatic... which is too long-geared for good performance between 60-120 km/h.

With the manual, not a problem.

The 1.5 5AT is a good performer, and it should be just as quick or quicker than the 1.3 MT in real-world usage. But personally, I'd get the 1.3 MT, as long as you don't have issues with clutching in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    niky maraming salamat!

i've heard all i need to hear...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    EQ salamat.

Pag-aralan ko paddle shift sa FD ko.

Niky
    So ok pala yung 1.3 engine mt. Color na lang pagiisipan ko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
jazz 1.3 manual vs 1.5 AT