New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    4jg2 for sure...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi to all. i drive an FJ40 land cruiser model 71. i took out its F engine fuel consumption problems as it had already reached the 6km/l mark. i replaced it with a mitsubishi 4dr7 engine mated with a mitsubishi jeep tranny. the engine performs well. even with the 3.7 differential, it still has a good acceleration. i suggest that if the engine were to be put on a wrangler, it be mated with a mitsubishi jeep tranny, with transfer case, and a 4.11 differential. the fuel consumption of the 4dr7 engine is superb, 14 km/l.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i was curious mga sirs kung gagamit ako ng 4dr7 4wd ano differential ang pwd ko gamitin?and what recomended gear ratio? dahil malapad ang wheel stance ng wrangler compared to mitsubishi jeep.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir yellowjip,
    I have an Isuzu Trooper '84 model (local not Subic) w/ C223 N/A engine. Just want to ask kung meron ka nakitang transmission for the C223 engine dyan sa Blumentritt kasi po medo palyado na yung tranny ko...bungi na yata yun teeth or spline sa loob ng tranny. How much po kaya yun? May I also ask kung na-repair pa yung tranny ko and is it worth the cost?

Hoping for your kind help and feedback pls.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    sir bong,i noticed when i was walking around blumentritt i didnt see any c223 engines nor transmissions.I would advise you to get the transmission checked by a mechanic and find out what the problem is.if you can get parts at a resonable price to remedy the problem just replace the parts, but since the c223 4wd is not a very common engine it might be hard to find a replacement tranny especially 4wd. but do look around you might get lucky.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sorry to revive this thread but does anyone have the spec and or details of the 4dr7. Thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sir edtf these are the specs of the 4DR7 engine:
    MITSUBISHI 4DR7 ENGIN DRB 4 OHV 2835CC 88/3400 CANTER.

This engine was used in the light duty canter this is mitsubishi's contender to Isuzu's 4JB1 balita ko sir matipid sa fuel at ok ang power ng engine na ito. Last time nagikot ako sa blumentritt mga 45-50k ang price ng engine na ito. San mo ba plano gamitin ang engine na ito?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip View Post
    Sir edtf these are the specs of the 4DR7 engine:
    MITSUBISHI 4DR7 ENGIN DRB 4 OHV 2835CC 88/3400 CANTER.

This engine was used in the light duty canter this is mitsubishi's contender to Isuzu's 4JB1 balita ko sir matipid sa fuel at ok ang power ng engine na ito. Last time nagikot ako sa blumentritt mga 45-50k ang price ng engine na ito. San mo ba plano gamitin ang engine na ito?
    Balak ko sana sa binubuong 4x4 ng kaibigan ko pero mukhang 4dr6 nalang para pati tranny pang 4x4 na talaga. Thanks for your help

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hello sir edtf magkano na ba sir ang 4dr6 turbo? Puwede kaya lagyan ang 4dr6 turbo ng power steering at AC? Balak ko sana gamitin either ang 4dr6 turbo or 4dr7 sa future wrangler project.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip View Post
    Sir gary the 4DR7 is 2.8 NA diesel 88hp *3600rpm. It only cost 46-47K in blumentrett.The toyota 2LTII cost 40-45k. I was wondering how will the 4DR7 perform with my hilux differential?Its only a 2wd.I also like the 2LT but i am afraid of the overheating problem..Does the 2LT realy have a bad reputation?Or is it just a misunderstanding or defective cooling system?The best thing i like about the 4DR7 is its low end tourqe and timing gears.

just added info, 2LT engines use high pressure cooling systems, kailangan nila ang matigas na pressure cap... more than 0.9 lbs. rating

4DR7s are workhorse engines of Mit. Canters 2.0...low speed, you can barely use the 1st gear. maingay ang transmission (low helical angled gears) ...ask for parts availability

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Isuzu NA 4JG2 or Mitsubishi 4DR7?