New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Good Day guys!

I am planning to buy pickup truck. I am choosing between Isuzu Dmax 4x2 a/t VS Nissan Navarra 4x2 a/t VS Mitsubishi Strada 4x2 a/t. Please post some pros and cons between this models. Tnx

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    for me strada. ang layo ng price ng dmax 4x2 AT tska navarra 4x2 AT e. 100k. but regardless of that, strada pag hindi masyado kakargahan ng mabibigat and mas car-like drive compared sa dlwa. pero pag mabibigat, dmax and navarra na

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a fan of the DMax. Proven platform. If you want a car-like ride, you'd probably be better off with the Strada.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    dmax it is. pero ano po ba difference nung 2012 dmax sa 2013 dmax?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There has been no mechanical differences in D-Max's since the time it was first introduced with the 4JJ1 engine. So far there have only been difference in features. Its nothing too significant, and I'm sure its something you can improve on yourself.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Depends sa TS as to where he plan to use it. Off road that needs a greater ground clearance, go for dmax then. For daily use around the metro with light loads at the back then strada naman plus its the cheapest among the three rigs. For loading lots of stuffs at the back then get the navara which has the biggest rear bed among the three.

Why not get a new ranger instead?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose1982 View Post
    dmax it is. pero ano po ba difference nung 2012 dmax sa 2013 dmax?
    The Dmax is proven and very dependable, no doubt about it. And if you are planning on one, just look for a slightly-used 2nd hand unit.

The Dmax in Philippines has not changed significantly from the late 2007 model to present. There were some minor suspension modifications they say but I really do not know, although it received some refinements inside the cabin in recent models. Also, the suction valve and the EGR on the late 2009 to the current models were modified to cater for the Euro 2 diesel we have here.

The engine on the Dmax is still the same CRDi wastegate turbocharged. It does not have a VGT like all the others have now. It is not a standout, heck there are better pickups out there depending on buyer's preference, but the Dmax does everything right especially on fuel consumption. It is what I may call the perfect purist pickup where you can feel outright that it generates responsive and substantial pulling power even without reving it hard. It is also dependable and durable. The engine runs in maintenance-free timing gear and chain.

Have you tried considering the new Chevy Colorado and the new Ford Ranger? I believe they are the best of the current bunch of the pickups sold here at the moment.

Goodluck sa pickup choices mo sir.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'll take home a Navara any day.. then the Strada VGT. Then maybe the Hilux.

My choice will only sway to the DMAX if I need a proven workhorse with a high-ground clearance but then, that's what Hiluxes are for. They're proven. They're high. They have sufficient power. And boy they still look good.

Not liking the new Ranger? I mean, yes.. you may have to wait months before you get hold of one but hey it's worth it!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    We will get DMAX na. Will be releasing this friday.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sayang sana tinignan mo Ford Ranger...less than 1.2M 4x4 na

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast