New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Go for either... but there's not much advantage to having the MT, as this engine is more than powerful enough, even when attached to an AT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's still some worry about the long term effects of "dirty" diesel on CRDi injectors, but if you live in and around the city, and fill only at new and botique-style (big name, big space) gas stations, you should have no problems.
    Interesting that you mentioned that. I have, I think, one of the earliest CRDi, a 2002 Starex A/T, really fast and powerful, with good acceleration even when loaded. Just last month, with the odometer reading more than 100T kilometers, ayaw na humatak, and when I took it to a hyundai expert, they said it was a problem with the injectors. They "cleaned" it and it's now OK, but they advised me that maybe the old injectors will only be good for another 30T kilometers and eventually I might have to replace them, with each injector costing P30T.

Sakit kaya ng CRDi engines ang ganito? I would'nt want to go back to non CRDi's kasi nakatikim na ako ng power nito, that's why I've long been waiting for the CRDi everest, kasi gusto ko yung laki nya compared to the fortuner, or alterra, plus removable pa ata yung 3rd row seat nya. Kinakargahan ko kasi ng mga paninda namin sa store.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I wouldn't call it "sakit"... more like something that you will have to add to your regular maintenance needs with these newfangled vehicles. Hopefully as CRDi becomes more common, those prices will go down... (fingers crossed!)

30k a piece? Kinda expensive. If you have to do that every 150k kms, it might be worth it, though (gasoline injectors, at one time, could give out at those intervals). Where do you usually fill up? Maybe if you try using biodiesel or switch stations, it might extend your injector life.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah, more like a routine part replacement.

There's nothing in engines that are going to last forever. All, after some time (ideally matching or beating their MTBF (mean time before failure) ratings), will fail and be replaced.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    go for everest sir. pero i go for 4x4 na..easy handling pa..

Just an update mga bossing, I just took the plunge and made a downpayment on a BLUE 4x2 Manual Everest. I should be getting my E'VE this thursday. Hindi 4x4 kasi parang ang bigat nung 4x4 sa harap, na experience ko sa estrada namin. Hindi rin A/T kasi dun sa starex ko na A/T, parang gusto ko na controlled ang engine braking, at parang parati ubos ang brake pads ng A/T namin na starex, so back to manual uli ako, he, he, nakakabawas pa siguro ng antok pag long drive. Gusto ko rin na 2.5 lang engine nya, kasi 145HP daw naman, so I was thinking. I will get enough power pero mas matipid pa rin ng konti sa 3.0 na everest.

Grabe, excited na ko, parang manganganak uli Misis ko, mush better pa nga ata, he, he. Ganito ako parati pag me bago sasakyan.

Thanks sa mga tips mga Tol. Ang gagaling nyo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    better for a crdi everest. good power and torque. congrats sa new baby everest mo.

Thanks bossing, excited na ko, ibiahe ko Quezon, tuloy sa Naga para mabinyagan agad.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vctradingcubao View Post
    Thanks bossing, excited na ko, ibiahe ko Quezon, tuloy sa Naga para mabinyagan agad.
    have a safe driving ahead of you! pasalubong ng pili nuts !!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    congrats vctradingcubao!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Isuzu Crosswind XUVi vs Ford Everest 2007