New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

The backlash among Evo enthusiasts was instantaneous. Once word came down that the 10th iteration of the Lancer Evolution (known as Evo X in Japan) was heavier than the outgoing 2006 model (Evo IX) yet possessed about the same level of power, rabid Mitsu fans began posturing that it wasn't only slower but, due to a beefier structure, more sound deadening, and new electronic aids like Active Yaw Control (AYC), also (gasp!) duller than the raw, scalpel-like IX. Heir apparent? If you paid attention to the bloggers who'd been speculating about the performance of the X even before the Concept X bowed at the 2005 Tokyo motor show, it was more like "error apparent."....

more here>http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123690964

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Here's what I think.

The Evo IX is the final "evolution" of the Lancer Cedia CT9A chassis, so it'd make sense that it would be the "best" version of all the CT9A-based Evos (VII, VIII, IX). Mitsu's boffins have had since 2001 to work on the Cedia chassis so it would be natural for the Evo IX to become the best iteration of them all.

This opinion is similar to how "dull" and "heavy" the same fanboys found the Evo VII compared to the previous-generation-chassis Evo VI, which is by the same logic the "best" Evo based on the Lancer CP9A "pizza" chassis.

The Evo X is essentially a blank-sheet creation; heck even the 4B11T engine is all-new (no 4G63T here, old-schoolers). Mitsu boffins will have just about the same amount of time to refine this car...or "evolve" it if you will.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If the Evo X means having a safer and more refined daily driver, then it's an acceptable enough compromise IMO.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the EVO IX relies more on its chassis goodness than does the EVO X...

Though the IX is cruder when compared to the X, which relies to far more electronics to abet its chassis, it seems more honest in its road manners. I wonder how the upcoming Raliart Lancer is going to stack up with the previous Lancer Raliart (Cedia), variants with lesser electronic performance bits.

Anyway, as in most carmakers, they went in capturing a more refined successor to the great Lancer EVO IX.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Here's what I think.

The Evo IX is the final "evolution" of the Lancer Cedia CT9A chassis, so it'd make sense that it would be the "best" version of all the CT9A-based Evos (VII, VIII, IX). Mitsu's boffins have had since 2001 to work on the Cedia chassis so it would be natural for the Evo IX to become the best iteration of them all.

This opinion is similar to how "dull" and "heavy" the same fanboys found the Evo VII compared to the previous-generation-chassis Evo VI, which is by the same logic the "best" Evo based on the Lancer CP9A "pizza" chassis.

The Evo X is essentially a blank-sheet creation; heck even the 4B11T engine is all-new (no 4G63T here, old-schoolers). Mitsu boffins will have just about the same amount of time to refine this car...or "evolve" it if you will.
    +1 to this. The evo x is still a baby growing. Give it while when the next version comes out.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    di ko alam kung bakit ang daming nag comment tungkol sa dalawang car na ito no disrespect sa mga nag comment kaya lang diba dapat i try mo muna i drive iyong 2 cars na pinag cocompare bago mag comment we kaya ako no comment

Interesting battle of the EVO IX vs. EVO X