New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Purchasing a car for my wife towards the end of the year.

Car will be used for 10 years in Metro Manila with occasional out of town trips
    95% of the time, 1-2 passengers

Options are:
    (I've seen other possible options and have decided NOT to consider them).

1. Innova G A/T - I think eto pinasulit sa options. At PHP 1,592,000 - mawawala lang sa akin is the V's Captain's chair, Push to start and Airbags
    2. Innova V - around PHP 140K more expensive, pero may DRL (big plus for me), push to start (big plus for wife) & Captain's chair (big plus kung sino man sasakay)

3. Fortuner G A/T - I think this is the biggest among the cars I'm looking at. Bibili na lang din, go big

*based on the site, I think the Innova G/V and Fortuner G has front and rear sensors + back-up camera -> really important for my wife

4. Montero GLS A/T - has cruise control and electric parking brake. I think is also has a 360 camera

*big plus sa Montero yung cruise control and parking brake. very high points for the 360 camera

Isinama ko na din options 5&6 as wife thinks the 4 cars mentioned above are too big

5. Corolla Cross - haven't seen one, pero based on what I've read. looks good as an alternative (I also prefer the 1.8 engine compared to the Territory's 1.5L engine)

6. Territory Titanium - love the looks and the sunroof

key points:
    • Options 1-4 may be more expensive now, pero I'm sure mababawi ko yung extra $$$ when I sell the car 10 years later
    • Options 1-4 are diesel, I'm sure to get better mileage when the car is loaded with cargo (especially sa out of town trips)
    • MPV vs SUV - the only benefit I see here is that mas mura tires nung Innova when its time to replace them.

That 5% for out of town trips may be "occasional," pero its the only time when the in-laws will be riding the car and the only time when 2-3 times ka magpapa-full tank in a week

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    #5 pinaka okay for everyday use, lalo 1 or 2 persons lang ang normal use.

Next #1 or #2, para maka contribute din sa PH manufacturing, economy at jobs.

Kung halos pantay ang weight ng choices, malaking factor ang PH made para sa bayan. Lalo sa panahon ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    I think the Innova V/G will perfectly suit your needs. Ok din siya kahit 1-2 lang kayo gagamit. You can use the rear passenger area for extra cargo. If you occasionally traverse flooded roads (if you live in the area where roads flooding when rains) the Fortuner G and the Montero GLS are the alternatives to the Innova. Plus it's a diesel unlike the Corolla Cross and the Territory. Also the PPVs have more cargo room.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Have your wife do a test drive of #1-#4.
    She might be surprised with how easy it is to drive those cars and that they don't feel that big. If you can include the parking when doing a test drive to get her a proper feel for the size of the car.
    those 360 cameras help a lot in parking the car.
    for those top options its the Innova V that i would pick but only due to the safety options (airbags).
    If she still finds the Top 4 too big. its probably the Corolla Cross that is a better option for a long term unit than the ford territory.
    always remember she should get the final decision on the car since it will be her driving.
    Happy Wife Happy Life.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Purchasing a car for my wife towards the end of the year.

1. Innova G A/T - I think eto pinasulit sa options. At PHP 1,592,000 - mawawala lang sa akin is the V's Captain's chair, Push to start and Airbags
    2. Innova V - around PHP 140K more expensive, pero may DRL (big plus for me), push to start (big plus for wife) & Captain's chair (big plus kung sino man sasakay)

3. Fortuner G A/T - I think this is the biggest among the cars I'm looking at. Bibili na lang din, go big

• MPV vs SUV - the only benefit I see here is that mas mura tires nung Innova when its time to replace them.
    The smaller tires also has a side benefit of a smaller turning radius (5.4m vs 5.8m for the innova vs fortuner and 5.6m for the montero although that has a longer wheelbase than both) even though the innova now has a slightly longer wheelbase.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Comparing the two gas options - despite the smaller displacement, the Territory has a turbocharger thus making it more potent (more power and torque) than the 1.8L NA engine of the Corolla Cross. Both are about the same size and both have CVT trannies. The Territory will have a lot more zip as a turbo engine has much better torque output on lower rpms.

The tune of the Ford 1.5L turbo is on the low side compared to its competitors. Honda’s 1.5L turbo on the Civic RS makes about 170+ hp, much like the one on the Geely Coolray.

However, most common Pinoys would not dare owning a Ford. Even more so with a Ford made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    #5 pinaka okay for everyday use, lalo 1 or 2 persons lang ang normal use.

Next #1 or #2, para maka contribute din sa PH manufacturing, economy at jobs.

Kung halos pantay ang weight ng choices, malaking factor ang PH made para sa bayan. Lalo sa panahon ngayon.
    Honestly, I totally forgot about the Corolla Cross, wanted her to check out the HR-V. Kaso a new model was just announced (plus palagi naming joke na its a common Grab Car sa Singapore)

My sister just asked me about the Cross earlier as she's also in the market for a new car.

Yes, the Innova is Phil made, so safe sya from the "safeguard" price increase

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Comparing the two gas options - despite the smaller displacement, the Territory has a turbocharger thus making it more potent (more power and torque) than the 1.8L NA engine of the Corolla Cross. Both are about the same size and both have CVT trannies. The Territory will have a lot more zip as a turbo engine has much better torque output on lower rpms.

The tune of the Ford 1.5L turbo is on the low side compared to its competitors. Honda’s 1.5L turbo on the Civic RS makes about 170+ hp, much like the one on the Geely Coolray.

However, most common Pinoys would not dare owning a Ford. Even more so with a Ford made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm seeing quite a number of Ford Territory on the road everyday. There was even one time tatlo sila nakita ko in a span of around less than a minute.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    I think the Innova V/G will perfectly suit your needs.
    Yun din naiisip ng wife ko.

Innova checks almost all her requirements and its also based on the Hilux (like the Fortuner)

Do we really need to spend extra for an SUV

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    those 360 cameras help a lot in parking the car.
    Yup. plus she'll never choose a car without front and rear sensors & reverse camera (feeling nya ang luma ng car kung wala)

Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Happy Wife Happy Life.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast