The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Which is fuel efficient?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    definitely go for the diesel.

i think the injector problems have been fixed since 2005.

since the J is only available in manual transmission, the diesel will be much easier to drive (lots more torque, so less need to shift gears).

the gas version only gets 6-7 km/L city, but the diesel gets 8-9 km/L supposedly. plus, diesel is cheaper.

i would probably get an innova J diesel as a 2nd car when i have the budget for it. i sat in an innova J and i was surprised. the interior is not bad, kahit de-ikot yung windows (no power windows). and the suspension is nice and soft! softer than our mazda3 in fact. rolls a lot though, not sporty at all.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Welcome po to Tsikot.com!

To quickly and effectively answer your inquiry please refer to the following existing threads:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20552

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...+toyota+innova

I would also advise that you post in these threads for any further questions about the Toyota Innova.

Enjoy!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    definitely go for the diesel.

i think the injector problems have been fixed since 2005.

since the J is only available in manual transmission, the diesel will be much easier to drive (lots more torque, so less need to shift gears).

the gas version only gets 6-7 km/L city, but the diesel gets 8-9 km/L supposedly. plus, diesel is cheaper.

i would probably get an innova J diesel as a 2nd car when i have the budget for it. i sat in an innova J and i was surprised. the interior is not bad, kahit de-ikot yung windows (no power windows). and the suspension is nice and soft! softer than our mazda3 in fact. rolls a lot though, not sporty at all.
    Very true. Di kaya dahil sa 17's?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    We only have 16's. But it's the pre-facelift which has the really hard ("sporty") suspension..

Still I never considered the Innova J kasi it was too utilitarian. But after riding one... it's a good car. Not that I would have gotten one (can't drive your expat colleagues around in one without losing a lot of face...) but we don't have kids, it's just me and my wife, and the Innova is far too large for my wife to drive.

Innova J diesel FTW!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If driven with a frugal right foot i do think the gas can hit 8-9km/L in the city (CMIIW). But definitely the diesel is a more efficient choice.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    J gas is P763K
    J diesel is P813K

diff of 50 thousand pesos.

i have hiluxE diesel and ang sarap i drive. magaan, malakas hatak. they have the same engine and it's really a nice fun engine to drive with.

now i have ridden my cousin's innova J gas. of course mas tahimik, mas matulin pero malakas ang consumption. Why did he get the gas variant? he only uses it on weekends and as a coding car. He has a diesel fed tamaraw Fx as daily car=)

if ur gona end up using innova as ur daily car. then go diesel. if not. gas lang. then use the extra 50k pesos for gas. =)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My Innova G gas was now about 1 year old this end of month and I'm still enjoying a 10-11 Km/li. It was my daily ride even on coding day with 8 adult passengers daily. My ODO now is 23K+

Just for my choice, I would still stick on the gas version as this one can accelerate faster and less engine noise and vibration, plus my tail pipe ends has no carbon deposits.

Gas or Diesel? it depends on the usage and purpose. If you are not gonna use it very much then diesel version is not for you. There are those who buys the diesel version but they seldom use it and it was parked all week long in their garage, just remember the diesel variant is P50K more than the gas version.

Regarding FC, I believe the diesel version would consume more fuel, as it has a bigger engine pistons to drive the train and this should be directly proportional to the Air/fuel mixture that needs to be burned. Bigger bore needs more fuel otherwise it would be underpowered.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    We used to have a '05 Innova 2.5G D-4D here, and all I can say is, it's smooth and torquey. My friend did not even realized he was riding a diesel until he noticed the "pebble rattle" sound when he got out of the car. It is very smooth and powerful, a 170 km/h is no sweat (a bit scary though 'coz it's a bit tipsy at those speeds hehe ). This car is so quiet and very fuel efficient. A full tank would last for one and a half weeks. I really like this car.

I had already rode in my friend's 2.0V VVT-i version. The gas version is also smooth but it's less fuel efficient than the diesel version. But this is also a good car. And yeah that's the V-type Innova

Besides interior trim and equipment, whether it's a J, E, G or V-type Innova, they are all the same in terms of engine and performance. So which one would I prefer? I prefer the 2.5J D-4D.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If the question is "FUEL EFFICIENCY" Diesel is the answer.

Pero kung bibili ka ng sasakyan ang pag-uusapan, maraming factors ang kailangan pagbasihan.

1. Anong purposes ba ang paggagamitan?
    2. Sino ba ang gagamit?
    3. Automatic ba or manual transmission?
    4. Gaano mo ba katagal balak maging sasakyan?
    5. Magkano ba ang budget?

Gas or Diesel na Innova parehong panalo ka dyan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Innova J Diesel or J Gas