New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have heard of only one complaint against the diesel's performance, and this guy didn't even own one.
    Is it internalcombustion

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Is it internalcombustion
    ikaw ha...!
    baka tuloy biglang...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    50k lang difference bro. Madali lang mabawi yun
    Ganun ba. D ba 1.1M VVTi at 1.2++M D4D?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by homhomnova View Post
    Ganun ba. D ba 1.1M VVTi at 1.2++M D4D?
    Nope. Across all the Innova variants, from J to V, MT or AT, the difference between gas and diesel is 55k.

Now, that 55k difference, assuming the gas gets 8 km/L while the diesel gets 9 km/L, and price of gas is at Php 40/L while diesel is at Php 30/L, and you travel 12,000 km a year:

Gas: 12,000 / 8 x 40 = P60,000/yr
    Diesel: 12,000 / 9 x 30 = P40,000/yr

You get annual savings of 20k, so in about 3 years you get to recoup the higher purchase cost of a diesel Innova, even if you factor in slightly higher maintenance costs due to more oil with a diesel.

Plus, a diesel is more suited for an Innova which is a utility vehicle. You need the low-end torque more than the top-end power if you're ferrying people or cargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; December 26th, 2014 at 03:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Is it true that turbocharged diesels, specially crdi, should not be left at idling for long period of time?

When needed, i idles my innova with aircon for 2hrs or more. Doing this on a turbocharged disel could cook the turbos?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Idling does not engage turbo. It's the carbon build you should be concerned with but that can be solved with EGR blanking.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    go for diesel, though but I've heard a lot of stories regarding d4d engines and you wouldn't know unless you try.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Idling does not engage turbo. It's the carbon build you should be concerned with but that can be solved with EGR blanking.
    At idle, the turbo is already spinning but boost is not produced until higher rpms.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. Across all the Innova variants, from J to V, MT or AT, the difference between gas and diesel is 55k.

Now, that 55k difference, assuming the gas gets 8 km/L while the diesel gets 9 km/L, and price of gas is at Php 40/L while diesel is at Php 30/L, and you travel 12,000 km a year:

Gas: 12,000 / 8 x 40 = P60,000/yr
    Diesel: 12,000 / 9 x 30 = P40,000/yr

You get annual savings of 20k, so in about 3 years you get to recoup the higher purchase cost of a diesel Innova, even if you factor in slightly higher maintenance costs due to more oil with a diesel.

Plus, a diesel is more suited for an Innova which is a utility vehicle. You need the low-end torque more than the top-end power if you're ferrying people or cargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to mention that the equivalent Diesel model is bound to have a better resale value which would come in handy come resale time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    But considering the innova's riding comfort I wouldn' exchange mine for a montero
    the innova is more spacious and has a bigger interior
    and the innova V captain chair and leather seats is a winner
    Never owned either a Fortuner or Montero so I have no idea of their ride comfort although I heard na matagtag nga daw, but I get to use the Innova E office service vehicle from time to time, the ride is just ok for me, I prefer the ride comfort of our old 02 Starex and our Grand Starex.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast