New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi guys. pls help me regarding my dilema. I was thinking saan ako mas makakatipid on the long run.
    1. i plan to use it for 4years maximum 5years
    2. i travel 2500kms per month province and manila
    3. mostly casa maintained sayang kasi warranty
    4. with regards to cost maintainance how much difference?
    5. price diff bet the two is about 70k?
    6. if ever first time user ng diesel any pros and cons?

Any reply will be appreciated. thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As a first time diesel user:

1. Note that the D4D is a CRDi engine. No filling up in the "PUV lane" at the gas station, and try to avoid seedy looking, decrepit, or "special discount" gas stations, as you aren't sure about the fuel quality. Use only the newer "premium" low sulfur diesels at the pump.

2. Since this is a turbodiesel, you should take it easy unti the engine warms up, then drive conservatively three to five minutes before your destination, to let the turbo cool down. This will prolong the life of your oil and your turbocharger.

3. Drive conservatively. turbodiesels make more torque down low than gas engines, and it's better to drive them at lower rpms than you would a gasoline car. (stay in the D4D "sweet spot" between 1500-3000 rpm.)

-----

It's up to you... with your programmed usage, which is about 30,000 kms a year, the diesel will save you about 40,000 pesos a year (rough, conservative estimate) in fuel... so the 70k difference is acceptable... but you'll definitely need to be more careful about where you gas up, so you might want to load up a full tank in the city before going into the province.

As for periodic maintenance... I think you can ask the casa about this.

Maintenance might be more expensive by the fourth year (warranty is only 100k kms or 3 years) for the diesel... I don't know what the life-expectancy of the diesel injectors are, but depending on how bad your fuel is, you might be looking at a replacement around this time. But this is just a possibility, not a certainty. The injectors might last past the point where you will be selling the vehicle... and the higher resale of diesel vehicles is in favor of the D4D.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Innova G Gas Vs Diesel