New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    "hello sa lahat,im RBbautista new bago lang po ako dito,at baguhan din po sa pagbili ng cars,still nag research pa rin ako kung anu ang best car sa amin.i have 3 kids at mahilig kami mamasyal ng family ko,mahirap talaga mamasyal pag nagcommute lang kaya we decided to buy a car nabasa ko yung mga forums dito nagustuhan ko yung mga comments about kia carens bagay sa amin yun or anu ba ang mas maganda sa performance innova,avanza or carens..pasensya na po kasi ngayun lang po ako sakaling magkakaroon ng car at lahat puro first time. bumili at mag drive if ever na makapasa kami sa CI ng bangko..naglakas loob ako mag register dito para makakuha ng idea..sorry sa mga phrases and words and grammars sa mga english at tagalog...

godbless to all... "

Newbie siya at naligaw ng pinasukang thread....sa mga eksperto sa ***....este sa cars, pakitulungan bago nating kamember....

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Carens for me

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi RB and welcome to tsikot! Between the three, I'd definitely take the Carens. The Avanza is very cramped for a seven seater and the engine is also rather weak, especially if you're climbing up Kennon Road and the seven people you carry are heavyweights who also happen to tag along a lot of stuff. The Innova is fine, the ubiquitous family car of today. Its sturdy, roomy and adequately powerful. Courtesy of its ladder frame chassis, rugged terrain, huge potholes and unpaved roads are no problem. But then, the Carens is a much better product with an excellent engine which is very quick and very thrifty. Being on a unibody platform, it is not as rugged as the Innova but will do much better in the comfort and handling department. IMHO this car is best enjoyed with the 6 speed manual since the other transmission available is just a 4 speed A/T.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Depende sa needs at sa budget.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I think for topics like this "budget" shouldn't be considered since the thread owner specified the vehicles "interesting" for him/her, price/budget considered.

for me + 1 carens.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd go sana for the carens before i bought my innova. Pero why is it that sa Carens Forum eh puro problema ang nakikta ko na gripes ng owners. Especially the older unit.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    my kumpare bought a carens in 2008... so far, no problems...

the vgt CRDi of the carens is reason enough to buy the kia... there are really some problems with some carens but not as much as the complaints i've heard and seen from innova users...

ok rin sana avanza kaso para medyo maliit...

though quite smaller than carens/innova, have you tried looking at the nissan grand livina... matipid din naman...

pero babalik pa rin ako sa carens... diesel and very powerful...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    for me medyo overpriced ang carens, compared sa innova. smaller engine and smaller look ang carens vs innova

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I'd go sana for the carens before i bought my innova. Pero why is it that sa Carens Forum eh puro problema ang nakikta ko na gripes ng owners. Especially the older unit.
    I'm a biased poster since I own one but I'm still a contented and happy owner. There are gripes about the Carens but I consider them minor. After all, there's no such thing as a perfect car. Even other car threads have their share of issues too. In my case, the pros of owning one (a Carens) far outweighed the problems mentioned in the thread.

Pros:I "super" like the CRDi VGT engine (have no problems or reservations overtaking along kennon road or marcos highway going up baguio), the ride comfort, the utility (flat foldable 2nd and 3rd row seats), and the exterior look.
    Cons: overpriced, low ground clearance, and some units had some problems with their aircon.

The innova is a nice car. It looks tougher inside and out and it can take on the rough roads here in the Phils. There will be no problems with spare parts in the future. There were also major issues with its D4D engine. Plus factor dito yung high resale value.

The avanza is small. It can seat 7 people but they'd be cramped inside.

Since you've considered 7 seater MPVs, the Nissan Livina is worth looking at too. It's just slightly smaller as compared to the three mentioned.

If given the chance to choose between the four vehicles, I'd still go for the Carens.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi bro RB ( akala ko ikaw, DF ang bibili. Hehehe. Kaya nga nagtaka ako kasi alam ko asa ibang bansa ka. Hehehe. )

Carens.

CRDi VGT engine = More power in accelerating. Hindi bitin. Not underpowered. Good in overtaking.

Low ground clearance = Increased stability. Less prone in roll-overs.

Looks = Looks better than the other two.

Space = Definitely bigger than the Avanza.

Size = Bigger than the Avanza

Warranty = +2 years ( = 5yrs. ) means, plus 2 years of ( hopefully ) worry-free headaches. 5 vs. 3 of the Toyotas.

Price = Might be higher than the two, but it's surely worth it.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; February 2nd, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
innova or avanza or carens???