New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Subaru Impreza WRX vs Hyundai Genesis Coupe

parang anlayong ipagcompare no? pero ito kasi yung dalawang car na pinagpipilian ko eh.. I want it to look sporty kasi, and medyo rare..(huh?) yung di mo masyado makikita sa daan parang ganun.. hehe.. so ano kayang mas maganda?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    stock to stock gc na ko. pero if you're planning to mod it, wrx ako. pero depende din yan kung anong set-up ang gagawin, for circuit ba or drag or just twisties in the mountain. if curcuit and mountain pass, wrx talaga since awd you'll have an advantage because of it's grip and you can use it for rally also. plus the wrx has so many mods available,with just a full exhaust, cia, ecu tune it'll give an extra 50-75hp already and you can even do a full STi swap on it. pero stock to stock i'll say gc is a much better choice especially that it's already equipped with brembo brakes.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    Subaru Impreza WRX vs Hyundai Genesis Coupe

parang anlayong ipagcompare no? pero ito kasi yung dalawang car na pinagpipilian ko eh.. I want it to look sporty kasi, and medyo rare..(huh?) yung di mo masyado makikita sa daan parang ganun.. hehe.. so ano kayang mas maganda?

The WRX is a car that is slight more practical, having four doors.

The GC has only two doors and the rears seats are not that comfy for longer drives.

The question is what is your plans once you have bought the car? Modify for better performance or keep stock?

If it's keep (mostly) stock, the Gen.Coupe might be the choice. Simple external detail upgrades like wheels, aftermarket front grille and body kits would make it look better.

If you are planning to modify it for better power & handling, the WRX might be the choice car for you. The aftermarket is full of options especially if your budget is relatively unlimited.

How about the Lancer EVO X ??

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd say Genesis Coupe for the porma and WRX for the practicality. If you want to tune with the Genesis, take the 2.0T, that particular engine is basically a Mitsubishi 4B11 but with a few inferior parts compared to the Evo engine to keeps costs down.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    they are both 1.7m+ (manual trans)

sa look gc nobody can deny
    228hp vs 303hp
    sport fabric seat vs sport leader seat
    traditional ignition key vs start/stop button

genesis coupe even my eyes close....
    Last edited by saipeme; August 12th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Those are two very different beasts in philosophy IMHO. About the only things they share are turbocharging and price (not sure if displacement is the same on both, I think the WRX has a 2.5L mill).

The Genesis Coupe might be cheaper to run simply because the engine drives only one pair of wheels - and by extension you will have less CV joints to maintain too. AWD has never done Subaru any favors in fuel economy.

On the other hand...the Impreza is more practical by design. You could reasonably imagine it becoming a daily driver accommodating a girlfriend/spouse, a couple of kids, or any number of adult passengers greater than 1 or less than 5. Though habitable at the back for short trips, the Genesis Coupe is more of a one-trick pony.

Two different beasts.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Just wait for the 2011 WRX.But I suggest na mag Genesis Coupe ka nalang!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks for the inputs guys.. sa ngayon im leaning to the GC.. mas gusto ko kasi talaga yung porma ng GC.. sa mga mods, i'm not into performance mods masyado.. more on visual ako.. siguro ang pinaka performance mod ko na gagawin e exhaust.. since student palang naman ako, I opt for the GC 2.0T.. kasi aanuhin ko naman yung 3.8 V6 kung di ko naman malalabas yung potential ng car kasi puro city driving lang naman.. minsan lang naman ako makadaan sa highway.. and lumalaklak din ata ng gasolina yung V6 eh.. haha!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    thanks for the inputs guys.. sa ngayon im leaning to the GC.. mas gusto ko kasi talaga yung porma ng GC.. sa mga mods, i'm not into performance mods masyado.. more on visual ako.. siguro ang pinaka performance mod ko na gagawin e exhaust.. since student palang naman ako, I opt for the GC 2.0T.. kasi aanuhin ko naman yung 3.8 V6 kung di ko naman malalabas yung potential ng car kasi puro city driving lang naman.. minsan lang naman ako makadaan sa highway.. and lumalaklak din ata ng gasolina yung V6 eh.. haha!
    GC ka na...

yaman nga students ngayon.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Maswerte ah! Student palang ganun na ang binibili na sasakyan! Mas konti power sa 2.0T at 210ps kumpara sa 2.5WRX na 230ps. Pero 4B11 yang 2.0 na yan... the WRX's worst enemy. All you have to do is plop in the plug and play Unichip and there you go!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Impreza WRX vs Genesis Coupe