New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Dear All,

I'm looking for a compact and am aware that this may have been asked countless times before. I have read many reviews about each car but I am not completely satisfied with the reviews as they only have the car for a short time and peculiarities in each model may not have been published. Long term ownership is also not addressed. Given the four cars in the title,

1. Which car has the best balance between ride comfort and handling?

2. From your ownership experience, at about what time do you start hearing rattles and creaks from your car (I've read many complaints about the Ford Focus' suspension at fordclub philippines)? Our revo and vios doesn't have any even after more than 5 years of use.

3. We've had a Toyota Revo VX200 and a 2006 Vios 1.5G and the ownership is painless. Only the front shocks of the revo has been replaced so far apart from the regular PMS. Which car among the bunch do you think would provide the same experience? Which is most durable?

Thanks,

Neil

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    from your choices i'd go with either the GTA or the impreza.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Brad,bakit M/T yung Impreza tapos lahat sa choices mo parang A/T na ata?

Kung gusto mo maka-mura sa gas at maintenance, Altis 2.0V na.

Pero kung gusto mo maging masaya, Lancer EX GT-A.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *SG --> M/T kasi nabasa ko na yung comparison thread ng EX-GLS/GTA and Impreza 2.0. Si GH at Niky na namaneho yung dalawang sasakyan pareho ng suggestion na pag mag Impreza M/T yung ok. Matagal na ko hinde nag drive ng manual pero may hill-start assist naman ito kung sakali.

Hindi ba masyadong matagtag yung GTA? Yun kasi nababasa ko sa reviews. I'll test drive within the next couple of weeks. Sa MIAS kung may available. Sa mga nabasa ko pliant ala Benz daw ride ng Impreza.

Ganun ba talaga katipid yung altis compared to the rest?

I have to admit that ngayun pa lang may bias ako sa GTA and Impreza, medyo partial to hatch (preferred look and form), but I'm concerned with the long term ownership re:durability.

Yun bang paddle shifters ng GTA responsive talaga? Can it be used in "Drive" mode like the civic? Wala pa ko nabasa na comment tungkol sa responsiveness ng paddle shifters ng Civic.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Brad,bakit M/T yung Impreza tapos lahat sa choices mo parang A/T na ata?

Kung gusto mo maka-mura sa gas at maintenance, Altis 2.0V na.

Pero kung gusto mo maging masaya, Lancer EX GT-A.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    *SG --> M/T kasi nabasa ko na yung comparison thread ng EX-GLS/GTA and Impreza 2.0. Si GH at Niky na namaneho yung dalawang sasakyan pareho ng suggestion na pag mag Impreza M/T yung ok. Matagal na ko hinde nag drive ng manual pero may hill-start assist naman ito kung sakali.

Hindi ba masyadong matagtag yung GTA? Yun kasi nababasa ko sa reviews. I'll test drive within the next couple of weeks. Sa MIAS kung may available. Sa mga nabasa ko pliant ala Benz daw ride ng Impreza.

Ganun ba talaga katipid yung altis compared to the rest?

I have to admit that ngayun pa lang may bias ako sa GTA and Impreza, medyo partial to hatch (preferred look and form), but I'm concerned with the long term ownership re:durability.

Yun bang paddle shifters ng GTA responsive talaga? Can it be used in "Drive" mode like the civic? Wala pa ko nabasa na comment tungkol sa responsiveness ng paddle shifters ng Civic.
    Yung Impreza eh yung 2.0R M/T ba ?

Anyways, between the two. GT-A ako then Impreza falls in next. Masaya kasi sila i-drive, parang maliksi ba. And kumbaga pang-binata. Toy car. Unlike yung Altis more of comfort talaga siya though hindi nakakadisappoint yung speed niya, its kind of boring kung icocompare mo sa GT-A.

Regarding durability, okay naman yung tatlo. They have proven to be good brands kaya you wont have much of a problem.

6. Join Date
    May 2006

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA's paddle shifter is very responsive. Priced at P1.1M after all the dealer discounts. The ride quality on the stock 18 inch wheels/tires is comfortable, a little soft for race-track use but perfect for daily driving in the city and highway. Not to mention the usual spacious interior, great audio system and impressive & aggressive external looks. Fuel economy is factory rated at 10km/L and locally tested (by motioncars) at 9km/L.

The Subaru Impreza RS with A/T is sluggish and basically ruins the potential of the car. This car is best enjoyed with a M/T. Downside, you might get a tired left leg in long heavy traffic conditions in Metro Manila. Priced at P1.128M. Perfect for weekend driving or out of town drives. One thing to consider, this car is NOT fuel efficient with it's heavy all wheel drive. The Lancer EX & Altis 2.0 will get better fuel economy numbers even without trying. Test fuel economy figures from motioncars.com is 8.3km/L, expect less when you are driving it.

Toyota Altis 2.0 is simply overpriced (P1.1M) and suspension too soft (heavy front end due to bigger heavier engine), front tends to plow a bit on sharper curves. The CVT tranny has the same smooth shifting action as other CVT equipped cars. The discontinued 1.8 variant was a better balance of cost, power, handling and comfort.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 3rd, 2011 at 11:36 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bro fyi lang, wala ng hillstart assist ang mga impreza ngayon. 08-09 lang ata nag karon ng hillstart assist.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts...

*GH, thanks for pointing out the strengths of each car.

*foresterx, thanks for bringing that up. I was hoping it still has it as the brochure says so. If it doesn't then its ranking may go down depending on the result of the test drive.

*Oliver, thanks for the link. That was very informative as a review was given after two years of ownership with the subbie. I think the mantra that a Subaru without turbo is not as enjoyable as Subaru with a T seems to hold in his situation.

Cheers

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Walang pumapansin sa Civic 1.8S A/T ah, ako among the choices 2nd choice ko ito kasi cheapest of the lot.

Gusto ko Mitsubishi GT-A, especially pag paid in cash.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Impreza 2 RS M/T vs. Altis 2.0 vs. EX GTA vs. Civic 1.8s