New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kasi you're after the GL variant of the Tucson. Which is "far" from the looks of the top end (Premium) variant.

Ang Montero Sport kasi from GLS-V to GT-V halos iisa itsura. Palit ka lang ng mesh grille kamukha mo na yung GT-V. Which is quite easy and inexpensive..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Are you considering other alternatives as well, sir ? You might want to look at the Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sorento & the Nissan X-trail. Those aforementioned cars look good too. However, the first two ( Sta Fe & Sorento ) might require you a bit of budget-stretching while the Xtrail I believe is still in the price range of the Montero.

Also, since you have considered a CUV which only seats five, why don't you consider executive sedans as well ? Like the Honda Accord, Sonata Premium & the sporty-ish Mazda 6.

Just trying to widen your choices. You can ignore this if you want though.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagown View Post
    *Ry_tower
    I am a financial advisor. Most of the time I do financial planning seminars, visit clients and go to coffee shops. Basically in sales especially in the financial services, image is very important. You are asking clients to trust you with their money. Would you trust somebody, if they show up with only a shirt and maong pants on or would you rather trust the guy who has the coat and tie on. I apply the same analogy to a car.
    Stretch your budget and get a Hyundai Sonata if image is your main concern. Frankly, I don't believe in the idea of attracting clients based on image alone, reputation is a much more important factor.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Executive sedans would have been great choices if it weren't for the fact that I travel a lot to provinces here in Mindanao where the roads are unfriendly to those car class.

As for the Sta. Fe, I heard that a new model will be introduced by next year and I think I could not wait for that to happen.

As for the Sorento I find it too expensive. As for the X-Trail I find the styling too boxy as against its competitors like the Tucson, Sportage, CRV and RAV-4.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Looks-wise, the Tucson and Sportage both look really good, with the Sportage a bit more imposing, while the Tucson is more stylish. However, it's the Monterosport which has the most imposing look of them all, due to its heft and height.

You're, right, the X-Trail is boxy (I have one) and not too stylish, though it's probably got the most comfortable ride amongst the various SUVs in your choices, even when traveling in rough terrain. I don't find the CRV having the same wow factor as the Tucson or Monterosport.

At the end of the day, I think it's the Monterosport that'll give you the best blend of image, performance, and wow factor amongst your choices for your specific situation and requirements.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Executive sedans would have been great choices if it weren't for the fact that I travel a lot to provinces here in Mindanao where the roads are unfriendly to those car class.

As for the Sta. Fe, I heard that a new model will be introduced by next year and I think I could not wait for that to happen.

As for the Sorento I find it too expensive. As for the X-Trail I find the styling too boxy as against its competitors like the Tucson, Sportage, CRV and RAV-4.
    I guess the MS GT-V then is best for you. plus if chauffer driven, iba dating talaga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Oh, I didn't know that you were living in Mindanao. Guess the GT-V will fit you best. Just a few tips though, have the interior leather wrapped ( if it isn't .. ) have tints all around - probably light tint on the windshield then medium on the front doors then black all around ... - to complete that executive look plus of course upgrade the horns. Rims are optional though but if you would want to upgrade them, 20's would look good. Of course, in chromes so as not to lessen the target executive approach.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *Ry_tower
    I am a financial advisor. Most of the time I do financial planning seminars, visit clients and go to coffee shops. Basically in sales especially in the financial services, image is very important. You are asking clients to trust you with their money. Would you trust somebody, if they show up with only a shirt and maong pants on or would you rather trust the guy who has the coat and tie on. I apply the same analogy to a car.
    I have the same reason why i invest in cars or SUV's, im also involved in sales how would i close a multi-million deal if they see my car is just less than a million.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    i vote for ms din, pero watch out for new toyota fortuner coming out soon..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by julzkinz View Post
    i vote for ms din, pero watch out for new toyota fortuner coming out soon..
    ^ hindi ata all new eh, facelifted lang based doon sa isang thread if I remember it correctly.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Image Comparison: GLSV Montero vs Tucson R-eVGT 2.0 GL