New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    this is the exact price range of the new vios...

1.3J - 575K
    1.3E - 649K
    1.5G MT - 730K
    1.5G AT - 765K
    1.5G AT* - 811K

*all leather option

got this price quotation from this site...
    http://www.altisclubzz.com/toyota-al...p?topic=5536.0

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    this is the exact price range of the new vios...

1.3J - 575K
    1.3E - 649K
    1.5G MT - 730K
    1.5G AT - 765K
    1.5G AT* - 811K

*all leather option

got this price quotation from this site...
    http://www.altisclubzz.com/toyota-al...p?topic=5536.0
    Thank You sir for the pricing scheme of All New Vios.

For Now I choose the VIOS 1.5G.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good day sir!

Being a honda owner too. I strongly recommend the new honda civic. Trust me, You want fuel economy? 1.5ish. you want high speed driving? 2.0ish. for 777k (for the base model V variant m/t) you just can't get any better than this, If you don't worry much on safety (the J spec altis i think is bare) then buy the civic, it has 4 disc brakes to begin with compared to the J spec altis which has 2 disc (f) and 2 drum (r) brakes. No taxis too. haha. Just a simple fact that it has won the COTY award because of it's value.

Think about it or rather, wait for the new releases of the new altis and lancer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some features of the Vios 1.5G
    15 inch wheels, dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks, side mirror integrated turn signals, 6-speaker stereo with CD/MP3 player.
    The new Vios has a longer 2550mm wheelbase which is only 50mm(1.97in) shorter than the Corolla's wheelbase.
    Best buy for me would be the Vios 1.5G M/T at P730K.

Here are some performance numbers from the similar USDM Yaris 1.5 M/T sedan (Road&Track magazine)...
    0–60 mph (97 km/h) 8.5 sec
    0–100 mph (160 km/h) 25.7 sec
    0–1320 ft (1/4 mile) 16.6 sec * 84.4 mph
    Lateral accel (200-ft skidpad) 0.79g
    Last edited by AG4; July 17th, 2007 at 03:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if you're concern is on gas consumption better choose a 1.3 engine car or lower. we're driving a honda jazz and it's really economical. based on our records, consumption is 13 - 17 kms. per liter and we're driving a 1.3at. my hubby is a car enthusiast and he finds jazz as one of the few cars that you can do a lot of mods and burns. if you're a toyota lover, ( i'm previously from automotive industry) better yet wait for a few months after the new models are launch and wait for the feedbacks 1st before buying. (this is an honest advise based on experience from the industry.)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Jazz is a very good alternative too specially with the cvt option. But if you're really adamant on getting a mid-size sedan, and still sticks to toyota, wait for the new release of the corolla (altis) or better yet there's the new civic and lancer.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    Good day sir!

Being a honda owner too. I strongly recommend the new honda civic. Trust me, You want fuel economy? 1.5ish. you want high speed driving? 2.0ish. for 777k (for the base model V variant m/t) you just can't get any better than this, If you don't worry much on safety (the J spec altis i think is bare) then buy the civic, it has 4 disc brakes to begin with compared to the J spec altis which has 2 disc (f) and 2 drum (r) brakes. No taxis too. haha. Just a simple fact that it has won the COTY award because of it's value.

Think about it or rather, wait for the new releases of the new altis and lancer.
    I DON'T LIKE THE CIVIC ITS LOOK FOR YOU AS A HUMBLE STUDENT. I have seen an ReD 07Civic along U BELT when I across the pedestrian lane the student looks to me for a long second. I said to him you are SO VERY HUMBLE beacuse your ride is CIVIC.

I want to be simple car only. No need to be expensive car like crv and civic. I want only around 649,000-730,000 and 760,000 more fuel to conserve. Before Civic I already interested but our friend in HONDA Service department said that Civic is more fuel consume.
    They called it HONDA CIVIC GAS GUZZLER. Sa sales department lang hindi nila sinabi na Gas Guzzler ang Civic.

*SIR Erick , Thank you for your civic recommendation but I think should I get the only simple car like Vios 1.5G. For me as student my only allowance is only for my lunch and snack only. I never used my 2.0L CRV to fuel my car. Nahihiya nga ako humingi ng pera para panggasolina. I rather to commute than to use my crv going to school.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutie42 View Post
    if you're concern is on gas consumption better choose a 1.3 engine car or lower. we're driving a honda jazz and it's really economical. based on our records, consumption is 13 - 17 kms. per liter and we're driving a 1.3at. my hubby is a car enthusiast and he finds jazz as one of the few cars that you can do a lot of mods and burns. if you're a toyota lover, ( i'm previously from automotive industry) better yet wait for a few months after the new models are launch and wait for the feedbacks 1st before buying. (this is an honest advise based on experience from the industry.)
    THANK YOU SIR. For your experience advice since your worked on automotive industry.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I GO FOR VIOS 1.5G now. For tranny i can't decide wheter m/t or a/t. Automatic tranny has already experienced to drive. Since my current ride is a/t. Pricing is my concern If I get the manual tranny is ok for me. Since my budget is only for 1.3E M/T and 1.5G A/T

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I'M STUMPED! Please help me: Altis or Vios