New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    There are a lot of sedans out there to choose from but nevertheless, im clueless. I've been trying to check civic's and all but taking into consideration, i have a family so i need economy yet good power. kahit na may pamilya na ko, i still want to have a good powered car... Here are my choices. I have no idea about cars kasi ngayon lang ako bibili (walang pera noon e.. )

1. 1996-1998 Honda Civic VTi M/T
    2. 1994-1996 Toyota Corolla GLi M/T
    3. 1993-1995 Civic Esi M/T

yan lang ang pwede kasi may bata akong isasakay so i can't go for 2 door. sana may magandang loob na magbigay ng advise. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    magkano ang budget? if i were you, here's the things to consider:

-mileage and condition of the car
    -parts availability and serviceability

you can't go wrong with your choices as you've mentioned. i'm a honda owner and i could say, your choice of VTi M/T is the best bang for the buck. but you can't go wrong with the Corolla too- though, it's a bit thirstier than the VTi. while Civic ESi is a good choice too, maraming matitira sa budget mo panigurado.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    bro...ako sayo ill go for the

2. 1994-1996 Toyota Corolla GLi M/T

kasi bukod sa matipid ay mura pa pyesa..unlike sa honda, matipid nga pero mahal parin pyesa...

syempre para matipid ka sa gas ay dapat properly maintained naman yung tsikot.

yun lang po

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sabagay pero popormahan ko din so what can i do to those cars that i have mentioned. ayoko kasi mag sisi sa huli kaya hingi na ko advice.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    may previous thread with regards to the vehicles you mentioned and many more...

at nagtatanong po si ian_rex iyun budget na pambili mo sa kotse.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Buy the Civic VTI....

Maganda na engine at panalo itsura.....Kung kaya mo taasan budget mo mag SIR ka....

Wag na yung corolla....boring na, taxi looking pa :hihihi:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Cross the ESi off your list and decide in the remaining two. It's rusty and unsafe, which makes it overpriced as a used car.

I've had both the VTi and GLi and they're very different from one another in spite of being both 1.6. The Corolla is the easiest to maintain and more suited to our road conditions, but the Civic is sportier, and its chassis is a very good balance between ride and handling, as I have said before. In the engine department, the VTEC is livelier but low-end torque isn't as good as the EFI Corolla. You can feel this most especially when there are four people on board. Both are economical as long as you change oil regularly, have good spark plugs and proper alignment.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    love your own so I suggest corolla.. :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If budget for maintenance is not a problem, go for the honda, otherwise go for the corolla.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    bro, mag VTI ka nalang maporma pa at sporty look pa, madami pa potential mods nun, di kana rin siguro bitin sa speed nun,at saka kasi pamilyado ka narin, go for Honda Civic VTI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I'm going to buy a 2nd hand sedan. what should I buy?