New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi guys. i need help badly and a little scared coz its my 1st time to acquire a 2nd hand car.what are the things to know when getting 1 and how to do it

1. how to get pnp/tmg certificate...what are the neccessary things i need to do to get 1
    2. or/cr..........how to check if its legit ?
    3. dents?
    4. engine...is it possible to take it to a mechanic ? so he can get a thourough check even below d car without disrespecting d owner.
    5 test drive?...things i should be looking n hearing?
    6. plate number ? chassis number n is there such as an engine number?( sorry to ask dumb questions)how to check if its authentic?
    7. if its a 2nd or 3rd owner should i look for another car ?
    8.how much mileage should i be checknig for a 93-96 cars?
    9. payment ? what is the safest?
    10. do i need to bring a lawyer when paying?( sorry had to ask)
    11. document when buying? what are the things i should know about n must have.

* i may have missed alot of stuffs.....pls help..tnx guys

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Dre,

Sa case ko as far as i remember or/cr lang ang nilakad namin. Bale utol ko halos ang lumakad sa papeles. 3rd owner na kami at na-traced din or nakontak mismo nung brod ko ang 1st owner. Sa unit (car), expected ko na maraming ipapaayos kasi '93 model yun. Kaya medyo tumawad kami ng husto. Sa bayaran naman, nag-down lang kami ng 2T para maihanda nung seller yung papeles (Deed of sale). Following day binalikan namin sa bahay yung kotse with the full payment.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi anyone can help me naman po..
    kung paano makabili ng safe na used car ano dapat ang mga bagay dapat consider and kung meron po makatulong sakin makahanap ng mitsubishi,nissan or hyundai car budget ko po 85-105,000pesos please help naman po..thank you in advance.
    send me email po directly para ma basa ko agad..rodel_pajares*yahoo.com
    GOD BLESS EVReYONE

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I will be one too..I will wait on the replies of this thread

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ingat sa pagpili tlaga check mo maige basta tandaan mo cars that are older than 10yrs old malaki na chance na sira na makina nyan in one way or another at malamang inoverhaul lng yan ng kng sino sino. maganda tingin ka nun mga nagpalit na ng engine.

basta sakit sa ulo yan kaya dapat isama mo sa budeget yun pagawa mga 30k para maicondisyon ng maige

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa View Post
    ingat sa pagpili tlaga check mo maige basta tandaan mo cars that are older than 10yrs old malaki na chance na sira na makina nyan in one way or another at malamang inoverhaul lng yan ng kng sino sino. maganda tingin ka nun mga nagpalit na ng engine.

basta sakit sa ulo yan kaya dapat isama mo sa budeget yun pagawa mga 30k para maicondisyon ng maige
    +1 dito.
    you will need more than the money you spent on the purachse sa repairs.
    as for the condition of the car, pwede naman sobrang condition pa ng car after 10 years pero the thing is, its an old car kaya even if the owner takes good care of the car, chances are you will have to spend on the wear and tear of the newly bought used car. just be ready for it...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my replies below.... in bold characters.

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    hi guys. i need help badly and a little scared coz its my 1st time to acquire a 2nd hand car.what are the things to know when getting 1 and how to do it

1. how to get pnp/tmg certificate...what are the neccessary things i need to do to get 1 - you would just have to go to a PNP/TMG office and get one. Details were discussed in another thread..
    2. or/cr..........how to check if its legit ? - go to LTO or use the LTO text facility. i believe it was also discussed here in an another thread.
    3. dents? - what about it? dents are normal if the car is used. You can have it PDR'ed. It was also discussed here in another thread.
    4. engine...is it possible to take it to a mechanic ? so he can get a thourough check even below d car without disrespecting d owner. - i believe that the seller will not allow you to borrow his car so that you can get it to a mechanic. just bring a mechanic with you when you inspect the car.
    5 test drive?...things i should be looking n hearing? - you have to. things you have to check out are: (a) how the engine makes so much noise when idling or revving (b) the suspension..take it to a smooth road and take it to a rough road. (c) the airconditioning, of course it should be consistently cold without unnecessary noises when the compressor engages or disengages (d) dashboard and sideboard noises (e) acceleration (f) braking (g) shifting gears (h) smoke while accelerating or idling (i) engine squeaks while idling and accelerating (j) electricals including lights, radio, AC, starting and ignition, radio (k) temperature like overheating, etc. (l) lots of other things.
    6. plate number ? chassis number n is there such as an engine number?( sorry to ask dumb questions)how to check if its authentic? plate number... how will you check that? the condition? there is such a thing as engine number... refer back to your question no. 2.
    7. if its a 2nd or 3rd owner should i look for another car ? - it depends. imho, there are 3rd owner cars which are still in excellent condition.
    8.how much mileage should i be checknig for a 93-96 cars? - between 150k kms. to 180k kms, assuming its a daily driven car and assuming that the odometer was not tampered.
    9. payment ? what is the safest? - cash.
    10. do i need to bring a lawyer when paying?( sorry had to ask) - not necessary. unless you have a lawyer friend or a lawyer relative who will not charge you for that.
    11. document when buying? what are the things i should know about n must have.- Deed of Sale, original OR/CR, copy of the ID of the seller which you will need during the transfer of ownership process.

* i may have missed alot of stuffs.....pls help..tnx guys
    - mukhang wala na... unless somethings get into your mind, please post it here na lang....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodel21 View Post
    Hi anyone can help me naman po..
    kung paano makabili ng safe na used car ano dapat ang mga bagay dapat consider and kung meron po makatulong sakin makahanap ng mitsubishi,nissan or hyundai car budget ko po 85-105,000pesos please help naman po..thank you in advance.
    send me email po directly para ma basa ko agad..rodel_pajares*yahoo.com
    GOD BLESS EVReYONE
    you may want to consider my unit, kia carnival '06, 84th mileage black, manual for P300TH

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    please avoid posting for sale items in the forums.... use the tsikot classifieds/car finder section instead

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I got this tip from another thread, maybe you can start by texting LTO.
    Here's how:

Type: LTO VEHICLE (plate number, no space), then send to 2600 for globe, for other network, di ko alam :-)
    Pag may discrepancy, may problema :-)

Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I'm a 1st time buyer of a 2nd hand car  : need help pls