New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    im confused! whic of these 3 is a good buy, accord & vti almost same price but accord higher mileage. lxi 20T cheaper low mileage wala pang 30T. im in sales. out-of-town sometimes. 2-4 hrs drive balikan. thnks to those who will reply. cheapest ung lxi.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Buy a big car secondhand, get ready to spend on big car maintenance.

Of the three, the Accord has the most expensive parts and maintenance, and it's the one that uses the most gas. But it's the biggest and most comfortable on long trips. If you're lucky, you'll get one in decent shape, but you've got to scrutinize the one being sold to you thoroughly.

The VTi gets my vote, fuel consumption isn't much more than the LXi (if that's the newer LXi with the "jumbo" body and the VTi is the old "SiR" body, fuel consumption might actually be the same). Parts are easier to find than for the Accord and newer Civic, and maintenance is simple.

But, again, I repeat my mantra... make sure the car is in very good condition... have a mechanic check it out, have a friend who's familiar with Hondas go with you to see the cars. It doesn't matter how many or how few kilometers are on a car, if it sounds or runs badly, either ask for a discount comparable to what you'd spend to fix it, or look at something else.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd put my choice between the Lxi and Vti Civic and forget the Accord due to fuel consumption and parts beng more expensive (And you already get good space with the Civic)... depending on what is in better condition. I drive an LXi m/t and i bring it out-of-town regularly. I get around 10km/l in the city and 12-14km/L on the highway. It does lack low to mid range torque if you were to compare it to an Altis but on the highway, 1.6L speeds and passing is good (my only upgrade to the engine is an aftermarket Simota intake tube with a K&N filter).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Go for the LXi.

I NEEED YOUR ADVICE: accord 2000; vti 2001; lxi 2002. pls help me to decide