New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    mitsubishi ask 2.0 4x2 (very close tie between tucson and this one) but i have been burned by mitsubishi before sa lancer mx. low quality interior feel but that was year 2000

- Interior quality is still not great, but not bad. Best driving car in the class, period. Smallest trunk. Period. Interior space actually pretty good.

honda crv 2.0 4x2 (over priced and parang mahina pa ang acceleration)

-Acceleration with the AT is so-so... but do you need a fast car? Incredible fuel economy for the space, and refinement and interior quality exemplary. The CR-V is hu-u-uge inside, with lots of cargo space. I don't like the seats of the 2.0, kinda stiff... but you should try it out before you buy anything else. The current 2.0 is the R20 engine... which is why economy is better... this is a version of the R18 in the Civic and is much more efficient than the old K20.

ford escape 2.3 4x2 (non japanese car? is this dependable???) parang technically loser because of 4 gears only?

-4 gears not a big problem, the 2.3 is torquey. The ride is comfortable, too. But yes, on technical points, this one is ancient.

nissan xtrail 2.5 4x2 (gusto ko to pero parang ubos pera ko sa gas) huhuhu

-Why not the 2.0? The X-Trail has a great ride, though interior space is not the best. The CVT is (and I still stand by this) the best I've ever tried. Interior quality though is kinda... errh...

tucson 2.0 4x2 (meron na brother ko pero kung yun talaga ang best choice i will still get another one. pero sana iba naman)

-Economical, suprisingly. Good ride, good handling. Interior space about average, and trunk space is at least better than the ASX. Interior materials not quite as good as Honda, but at least the interior has a fantastic design. Great bang for buck.

Oh... and check out the Sportage... better looks and interior than the Tucson... same mechanicals.
    Sport,Sport,Sport...sana me pera ako....Sport na din ako....

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    inexcel ko pa mga specs side by side.

mitsubishi ask 2.0 4x2 (very close tie between tucson and this one) but i have been burned by mitsubishi before sa lancer mx. low quality interior feel but that was year 2000

ford escape 2.3 4x2 (non japanese car? is this dependable???) parang technically loser because of 4 gears only?

tucson 2.0 4x2 (meron na brother ko pero kung yun talaga ang best choice i will still get another one. pero sana iba naman)
    Kung ako...
    1. Sportage/Tucson (with slightly more preference for the Sportage)- technologically great, good looking and the newest in the block, if you can get the diesel, definitely aim for the diesel.
    2. Escape- I have a soft spot for the Escape as we have a 2.0XLT in the family and we just recently bought a 2.3XLS in Taiwan (have yet to try this one personally, but they say its pretty good). Very comfortable indeed and the underpinnings are definitely the most robust among your choices. 2.3L engine is not the best out there, but its more than enough for city driving and adequate enough for highway.
    3. X-Trail- I'm not a big fan of Nissan's in general but this one seems to be pretty good. But as you said the 250X sucks fuel like there's no tomorrow so...
    4. CRV- i-VTEC engine is definitely still the enthusiast's choice and the R20 engine coupled with the 6 speed manual should give pretty good fuel mileage numbers but Honda's maintenance is expensive and the CRV's looks repulses me.
    5. ASX- one of my reasons for getting a CUV is the added space and/or interior room, and this one doesn't have it. If the Outlander was here, it could have been near or on the top of my list, a shame really.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Do consider a sportage, if not, get the X-trail. Next to it would be the CR-V, kinda bland for my taste though

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sportage or xtrail.

Tucson, CRV and montero parang kana naka taxi in the sense na kahit saan ka tumingin meron.…hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Actually, unti unti dumadami ang Sportage. Just this day, I saw three. 2 puti 1 black. Siguro yung stocks eh hindi pa ganun kadami that's why you don't see them that often. Intay lang, dadami din yan.

Kaya kung rarity ang habol, go for the new Xtrail. Mas madami pa daliri ng isa kong kamay kaysa sa times na makakita ako ng new X-trail per day. Or if budget permits, get a Vitara. LOL ! It's rare ... but that's all it will ever be.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Off road capability Laban ng vitara, lahat ng nabangit na choices walang Laban Sa vitara pag dating Sa off road.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Only the Xtrail can compete with Vitara for offroad capabilities.

You can check out the updated Xtrail CVT, the new touchscreen, USB ipod connectivity and parking sensors with backup camera at the same price makes it a better buy this year. The old and outdated stereo killed it last year. I'm still curious on how big is the improvement of the CVT on fuel consumption but with traffic these days, almost all kinds of engine displacement gulps fuel. They should reduce the buses more! Konti lng kasi meron kaya hirap kumuha ng data.

My second choice is probably Sportage since it's new and I like the design better than Tucson. Third is CRV but the new one will be out next year.

Escape is generally reliable. We have a 2004 model with 112k km already, still ok but I feel it is due for replacement already. Maybe I will give it one more year.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    inexcel ko pa mga specs side by side.

Sir, all i can say is "magaling pumili brother mo".... alam niya ginagawa niya

Para medyo maiba ka sir sa kanya, and if you can swing-in bit more money, mag-diesel CRDi Hyundai Tucson eVGT ka na sir (PhP1.33 M).
    ....Bukod sa mas matipid ito sa fuel-consumption kumpara sa mga gasoline-fed na nasa choices mo sir, sa engine specs palang panalong-panalo ka pa (177 metric-hp and 392 Nm torque from 1800 rpm to 2500 rpm).... Kahit ang Monterosport GTV na binebenta dito sa Pinas, talong-talo sa torque hehehehe

Goodluck sir!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    pwede bang isama sa choices mo ang subaru forester 2.0?

The Escape is essentially Japanese (Mazda Tribute). But from the models you're considering I would prefer to get the X-Trail. The 2.5L is good-powered but the 2.0L is not so bad at all. As far as gasoline-powered crossovers go, the X-Terra is one of my favorites alongside the Subaru Forester, but actually if I were going to buy a crossover it would be diesel-powered, so I would consider a Chevrolet Captiva.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
i have finally "narrowed" my choices for crossovers