New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    inexcel ko pa mga specs side by side.

mitsubishi ask 2.0 4x2 (very close tie between tucson and this one) but i have been burned by mitsubishi before sa lancer mx. low quality interior feel but that was year 2000

honda crv 2.0 4x2 (over priced and parang mahina pa ang acceleration)

ford escape 2.3 4x2 (non japanese car? is this dependable???) parang technically loser because of 4 gears only?

nissan xtrail 2.5 4x2 (gusto ko to pero parang ubos pera ko sa gas) huhuhu

tucson 2.0 4x2 (meron na brother ko pero kung yun talaga ang best choice i will still get another one. pero sana iba naman)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Have you checked the new Kia Sportage? para maiba ka sa Tucson ng brod mo.. They are almost identical internally..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bro baka gusto mo isama ang new Sportage sa list mo.
    1. Sportage
    2. ASX
    3. Tucson
    4. X-Trail
    5. CR-V
    6. Escape

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hindi pa ata narrow choices mo, dami pa eh.

Top 3:
    ASX, Tucson at XTrail. La pa CRDi Sportage kaya won't recommend it pa. I'm pro-diese BTW.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    comfort - escape ako, sabi ng mga nakaescape na kakilala ko, mula 05 na model wala na masyado issue. parts lang medyo expensive.

personal choice ko crv - good solid car.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Have you checked the new Kia Sportage? para maiba ka sa Tucson ng brod mo.. They are almost identical internally..
    Agree. Kia Sportage naman.

Kaya my sister is getting the Sportage din kasi magiging dalawa na kung Tucson din ang kukunin nila. Ginaya na nga ako sa CR-V 2.4 pati ba naman sa Tucson ehe he he.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am not sure about the current generation of CRV but the 2nd gen CRV engines are prone to internal damage if you overheat it even for a few minutes (no matter whatever the cause). The result is an expensive engine overhaul.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'm with the Tucson on this one.

ASX - I find this ok, except that I subjectively like the Tucson more.

CRV - Good interior, except that it's on the chopping block for replacement in about a year.

Escape - Also due to be replaced soon I think, oldest tech/car in the list?

Xtrail - Not sure, sorry.

Sportage - Have not seen, but not sure about KIA CASAs. I don't see a lot of them, so I'll prefer the Tucson since these vehicles are similar.

*GH - the current gen CRV uses a different 2.0L engine from the 2nd gen CRV. The new engine is from the same series as the current civic 1.8

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung K20 ata ng 2nd gen yung problematic.. Nagkaroon din kami nung 2nd gen na K24 4WD, hindi nagka-issues.

Yung dalawang 3rd gen K24 4WD wala rin problema. Stiff suspension lang. Pero alam ko yung MMC CR-V inayos na daw. Tsaka better handling na daw. he he.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mitsubishi ask 2.0 4x2 (very close tie between tucson and this one) but i have been burned by mitsubishi before sa lancer mx. low quality interior feel but that was year 2000

- Interior quality is still not great, but not bad. Best driving car in the class, period. Smallest trunk. Period. Interior space actually pretty good.

honda crv 2.0 4x2 (over priced and parang mahina pa ang acceleration)

-Acceleration with the AT is so-so... but do you need a fast car? Incredible fuel economy for the space, and refinement and interior quality exemplary. The CR-V is hu-u-uge inside, with lots of cargo space. I don't like the seats of the 2.0, kinda stiff... but you should try it out before you buy anything else. The current 2.0 is the R20 engine... which is why economy is better... this is a version of the R18 in the Civic and is much more efficient than the old K20.

ford escape 2.3 4x2 (non japanese car? is this dependable???) parang technically loser because of 4 gears only?

-4 gears not a big problem, the 2.3 is torquey. The ride is comfortable, too. But yes, on technical points, this one is ancient.

nissan xtrail 2.5 4x2 (gusto ko to pero parang ubos pera ko sa gas) huhuhu

-Why not the 2.0? The X-Trail has a great ride, though interior space is not the best. The CVT is (and I still stand by this) the best I've ever tried. Interior quality though is kinda... errh...

tucson 2.0 4x2 (meron na brother ko pero kung yun talaga ang best choice i will still get another one. pero sana iba naman)

-Economical, suprisingly. Good ride, good handling. Interior space about average, and trunk space is at least better than the ASX. Interior materials not quite as good as Honda, but at least the interior has a fantastic design. Great bang for buck.

Oh... and check out the Sportage... better looks and interior than the Tucson... same mechanicals.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
i have finally "narrowed" my choices for crossovers