New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I'd like to ask for opinions regarding these 2 cars as we are currently choosing from the 2 of them. Those exact models, not any variants.

Ignoring the price (988k vs 858k) and overall performance(the Tucson probably wins hands-down)....

Which one is more fuel efficient? Which vehicle do we get more savings out of gas money? That's all. I know it's a weird thing to be fussy about would-be gas money savings while ignoring the car prices themselves but I'd really like to know. Please help...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *Fuel Efficiency

You're probably basing it whether the 2500cc diesel would guzzle more gas than a 2000cc Tucson. I'd say rather than basing your criteria on FC, base it on your lifestyle.

People-hauler -> Innova
    Everything else -> Bare-bones Tucson

Then again, there's Tucson's infamous long queue over the Christmas season

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^
    I don't really get what you're saying but ours is a small family of 4 people. Also, as far as I know, my father is a very economic driver. He knows the way of driving how to save fuel.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    fuel consumption is subjective, and also a sort of lie because the car manufacturer could say that this vehicle eats up this liters of fuel but 99% of the manufacturers' claims about the fuel efficiency are not true. of course the engine displacement and the weight of the vehicle also plays a big role with regards to fuel consumption. plus driving habit, plus number of passengers/cargo.

in this case, the tucson might have an edge (if it's a diesel powered one.) but then again, there is a shortage of supply of this particular cuv on a global basis.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^
    I do know about the CRDi variant of the Tucson and I'm quite sure that that one would leave the Innova 2.5J in the dust as far as fuel efficiency(and everything else for that matter) goes. It's just that that one's way out of our budget at 1.3m+.

We were just wondering whether holding out on the Tucson, in favor of the Diesel Powered and 100k+ cheaper Innova, will be unjustified in terms of fuel efficiency.
    Nothing too complicated really. A simple comparison of the km/L may work. I just need those figures(preferably from the same tester) and some supporting feedback.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by suzaku07 View Post
    ^
    I do know about the CRDi variant of the Tucson and I'm quite sure that that one would leave the Innova 2.5J in the dust as far as fuel efficiency(and everything else for that matter) goes. It's just that that one's way out of our budget at 1.3m+.

We were just wondering whether holding out on the Tucson, in favor of the Diesel Powered and 100k+ cheaper Innova, will be unjustified in terms of fuel efficiency.
    Nothing too complicated really. A simple comparison of the km/L may work. I just need those figures(preferably from the same tester) and some supporting feedback.
    You might want to send a Private Message to Sir Niky about this because he has tested almost all cars that are released in The Philippines.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    ^
    I would... if I actually knew who he was...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The manual transmission Innova diesel is very fuel efficient. Have not had the Tucson 2WD MT as a tester yet, but I don't expect it to do any better than 7-8 km/l in the city (normal traffic... not this holiday mess we've got now). The Innova 2.5, on the other hand, is about as economical as the Crosswind.

The Tucson is a much more comfortable vehicle with a better interior. The Innova's suspension is quite harsh... or was... our last tester in "Sport Runner" trim was kind of decent, but I don't know if that's because they adjusted the suspension or if it's because of the lower profile tires on the Sport Runner.

The Innova is a decent family vehicle, though. And as long as you buy good diesel, it should last you quite a while.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson Theta II GL 2WD M/T.

7-8.5km/L city driving. But can go as low as 6km/L during heavy traffic.

12-17km/L or maybe 18km/L highway driving.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by suzaku07 View Post
    ^
    I don't really get what you're saying but ours is a small family of 4 people. Also, as far as I know, my father is a very economic driver. He knows the way of driving how to save fuel.
    I meant is that you should consider a car if it fits your lifestyle rather than the fuel consumption (ex. mostly city driving, going up and down the SLEX everyday, etc.)

In terms of FC, I'd say they're more or less equal. Innova has a larger engine, true, but this is compensated with the lower cost of diesel compared to gasoline.

So in the end, you'll end up wondering whether the 100k discount is worth the jump from an Innova to a Tucson. I'd say it's worth it.

Mabilis lang yun metric test eh:
    *See a Tucson* = *drool*
    *see an Innova* = Taxi taxi! (Being called a taxi is actually an advantage Says alot about the reliability)

Fun time aside, the Tucson's offer better suspension, it's "newer" in the market, Sir SG bought one (di pala criteria ito), and unless you're needing the money, best bang-per-buck SUV out there as long as you have patience for the long waiting line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson 2.0L GL 2WD MT Vs. Toyota Innova 2.5J  Diesel MT