New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Which is better? If you were to buy a car within the price range of P900K+, what would you get? In terms of functionality, practicality, durability, after sales support, and everything else...which would it be? Both cars really catch my attention. and having test-driven both, man, if I could just get both cars, I would! Haha! Cheers mates!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    For bigger space and higher ground clearance... Tucson ofcourse.
    But for everything else... The Ford Focus is a much better car.

It's really hard to trade-in the extra cargo volume for the sheer comfort and joys of driving a proper handling car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ford focus ako :-D I love the way looks compared sa tucson ... but in terms of practicality... a 2.0? hmmm do you need to factor that in pa?

yup..kung di naman mo masyado kailangan ung mataas na sasakyan, and travels out-of-towns, fast, and wants a recreational driving, focus hatch will be my vote..in manual tranny(meron na ba?) and in orange/black.

tucson, ok din to..2.0L just lack (what they say) airbags/abs, or what we call safety systems aside sa seatbelts, ang focus hatch kumpleto nito, including airvents for rear passengers..downside lang sa cargo, slightly lang naman difference ng FF hatch sa tuc,e..malapit sa sa wagon category,e...teka, mahigit 900K na un FF-hatch a!,a!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ok. why don't we narrow down. The focus is a sport-y car, with very sporty looks, interior, and seats. I mean definitely, in appearance, the Focus gets all of my votes. But in terms of comfort, "fun", versatility, and let's say out of town trips once or twice a month, which is it? And might I add, I am 6" tall. Tucson A/T comes in at P948,000 while Focus is at P1,025,000. Hope this clears it.

well, sa ride height una magkaiba sila (pansin mo diba) tucson, mas upright ang seating than the focus. car-based SUV and a "sport hatch"..

sa focus parin...pero ang limit lang ng focus is when in province, and kung full, rear tends to go down, so masmababasa, mas madaling sumayad sa road imperfection, which is abundant sa phil. roads..lalo na when travelling fast ung rebound pa ng shocks(ganit prob ko sa maxima ko) pero nasosolve naman un e..

kung mattest mo ulit yan pareho na magkasunod in under 1/2 a day, on road, malalaman mo difference ng dalawang yan...

for me, out-of-town trips doesnt mean staying long on the road, but reaching the destination fast and in total comfort...

family guy?ok naman both, konti lang naman difference pagdating sa rear cargo(because of the sloping rear of the focus, so lesser siya kaysa sa tucson)

Quote Originally Posted by giantjay
    But in terms of comfort, "fun", versatility, and let's say out of town trips once or twice a month, which is it?
    my answer if you can strech it out(including registration and comprehensive insurance-->sure di pa kasama mga yan): orange/black/beige? ford focus hatch 2.0L manual (a/t kung may manual mode-->since brand new naman)

why, basically, kahit aling sasakyan akukuha mo di mo naman i-ggravel road at di mo i-babaha...and kung may sudden emergency ka, prepared to take it fast to the ER, quick(without worrying the high center of gravity, di madali tatao, even in high speed driving..

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    But in terms of comfort, "fun", versatility, and let's say out of town trips once or twice a month, which is it?
    Definitely, the Tucson is the vehicle to get just based on your criteria. On the other hand, the Focus is a nice sporty car (at least that's what Ford want it to be perceived as) that can be taken to the track and still be versatile enough as a daily workhorse.

And might I add, I am 6" tall.
    If you read the other Tucson thread here, there's a guy who mentioned that he's around 6' + tall and the Tucson was just right for him given his height.

I tried the Focus (sedan and hatch) and it does feel cramped even for an average height person like me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    obviously an apples to oranges comparison, pero sa dalawang iyan, sa Focus ako hehe. nothing special yung tucson, appliance na appliance kung baga

Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    obviously an apples to oranges comparison, pero sa dalawang iyan, sa Focus ako hehe. nothing special yung tucson, appliance na appliance kung baga
    tama! un nga....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Tuscon interior is bare. The CRDi Tuscon has a driver side airbag while the gas Tuscon has none. Focus for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CVVT or Ford Focus 2.0 hatchback?