New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si Yebo, malayong mas malakas Starex sa Urvan. Escapade is around 70bhp only, Grand Estate is 105 bhp. Taob pareho sa CRDi powerhouse ng Starex.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nasa isip niya yung lumang starex,

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ah ok. for me lang i like the new look hiace with the high roof and long wheelbase. i guess dats just me. i dnt no y they dnt hav them available hir. oh and ya the starex has definetly more power than the urvan,or estate evn my non CRDi starex is faster.belive me when i say that.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: bawal daw mag-post dito ng style sms/text. spell the words fully kasi meron mga nag-complain before na mahirap basahin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think even the TDIC (pre CRDi) Starex, for as long as it's a manual, can match up with the manual Urvan. Anyhow, the CRDi Starex is a totally different story, giving some large diesel SUVs problems on the open road.

As regards the Grandia, heard from an owner that his unit, despite its size, was fun to drive up north. They went up to Baguio, and further north to Ilocos and according to him, despite the full load and the size, it did not miss a step. It's only available with a manual tranny tho, so city driving is probably another story.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The verticle tailgate is a Korean-market option. Lift up tailgates come standard on all Starex passenger vans.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    i am so sorry for the text type writing. so i guess we will have to use proper grammar and spellings too? il try my best to type properly.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's ok. No problemo.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    my uncle owns a 9 seater starex crdi. power-wise, it was impressive. you could make the entire cabin buckle like a horse if you wanted to. on the other hand, in terms of suspension, we both noticed that the starex had a little too much "play", or it had that extra "rocking motion". when he had it brought in the casa for fixing, almost all the other owners were complaining of the same thing... their suspension had too much play and caused some discomfort for the passengers. he had already changed his shocks and stabilizers in his less than 1 year starex.

as for the urvan escapade, i also rode this too for a few days in the province. if your not picky about looks, the typical van ride, and the no-nonsense people carrier, this is a no brainer. but in case you are, just remember this model has been on the market for quite some time. i believe only the mitsubishi L300 outdates this one. its very bare and plain. power wise...lets not even touch that topic. it roars, but the pull is hardly felt. its a very antiquated hunk of metal to me.

i'm interested in this topic because i'm looking for a family van myself. on top of my list right now is the GL grandia of TOYOTA. but i'm waiting just a few more months coz they will be coming out with a SUPER GRANDIA before the 3rd quarter of this year. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    megatron,
    i noticed the same thing about the new starex. the suspension seems to be too soft, giving you a boat ride. reminds me of my '99 Exped XLT. perhaps you can try sourcing aftermarket shocks/springs from bilstein or the like to stabilize the ride a bit.

as regards the Super Grandia, i sure hope the amenities/features will justify the price. the GL Grandia is already 1.3M+. i wonder how much the Super will go for.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai starex 2.5 CRDi vs Nissan Escapade 3.0