New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my dad and i are looking for the best Family hauler for 12 person. medyo di nya kasi gusto interior ng '06 HI-ACE. kaya were choosing between this two.
    were looking for Power, RIDE and good maintenace.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    More space = Escapade ...pasok ang dose dyan!.. yun nga lang less power than the new Starex.

fair space (for max of 10+/-), power & torque = Starex.. of course, CRDi w/ turbo, 145ps, 320+NM of hatak!!! ..definitely, my choice! panalo saken 'to!

maintenance?? ...nasa sa inyo yan bro,.. depende sa pag-aalaga! ..piyesa siguro, not sure pero pareho lang siguro,.. I think!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan Urvan Grand Estate ata yung 3.0 (non-turbo version ng ZD30 of the Nissan Patrol). Nissan Urvan Escapade yung old school van still powered by the TD27 2.7 diesel (also used on the Nissan Frontier).

Urvan Escapade:

Urvan Grand Estate:

Rear passenger comfort, hands down sa Nissan Grand Estate. Parang Victory Liner ang likod niyan, eh. The a/c system also has individual roof vents for passengers up to the last row.

Though not as spacious, the Starex can hold its own. It has better interior appointments including built in cupholders, flourescent cabin lighting with dim and mood settings, hard plastic sidings (not pressed vinyl as on the Urvan), easy clean flooring, front/rear cabin heater (great for Baguio, Tagaytay, etc.). Seats also feature more adjustments including split folding fro the rear seats (allows flexible passenger/luggage arrangements) and three point ELR seatbelts for all outboard rear passengers.

The CRDi Starex also makes more power than either Urvans. ABS/Airbag are available as options. The Starex is more car like in driving position and dynamics than the buslike Urvans.

But for the Php1.5M they're selling Grand Estates, I'd rather just add a little more cash and drive home a Grandia which already has ABS and Airbags (none of the Urvans has these features).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Starex:

New instrument panel:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with the 12 seater Starex CRDi. It's got loads of power and torque, the ride is comfy and, with HARI around, there are alot of Hyundai service centers and parts going around.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    yup id go for the starex 12 seater too.i own 9 seater starex so i think its a good deal. plus if u buy it at HARI, u get the warranty. but if u realy want a big van asked toyota if they are planning to bring the bigger versions of the hiace hir. the ones with high roof and slightly longer than the grandia. they have lots of them in thailand. used for tourist shuttle.i think it seats 15 COMFORTABLY. meaning u dnt have to have ur knees up to ur chin. hehhe if u no wat i mean.

un ung "jumbo" starex na may 2-door na tailgate?

sir cocoy, un ang gusto kong hi-ace: ung extra-high roof..pero ung di long wheel base...

un service namin sa thailand ganun...LWB na extra high roof..

ung sa atin dito is the standard roof, ung mid-roof ung katulad sa grandia na bago, ung high roof ung nakikita sa JDM hiace na may 3-sunroof...ung extra high-roof, pwede ka maglakad ng halos straight sa loob!
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; May 10th, 2006 at 09:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Nissan para sakin.

StareX underpowered yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't like the interior of the Hiace, Seat Mate does interior conversions for it. ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang nasa isip yata ni finchy yung old starex. meron na crdi starex, 145hp/320N-m torque. yung urvan 105hp/213N-m torque.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Hyundai starex 2.5 CRDi vs Nissan Escapade 3.0