New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    good day!

narrowed with these two guys, which one would you pick if you were in my place? the considerations are:

1) my grandfather will be the one who's buying, i think by november.
    2) he's 80+ and disabled (so space is really needed for his wheelchair.)
    3) riding comfort (medyo maselan ang matanda. )
    4) the drivers are my and my mom (i'm in my mid-20s and mom is in early 60s.)

lolo might be a bit biased with MS because he used to own a Mitsubishi Montero in the US (Equal to Pajero Fieldmaster here) at palagi niyang bukang-bibig ang Montero niya. but minus factor for MS is that it's becoming a common sight here in The Philippines.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Santa Fe ako. It is very comfortable, there is enough space, its fast and economical. Since your mother will also be driving it, the Santa Fe should be friendlier with lesser heft and better steering and handling. Since the Montero your grandfather used to own is the Pajero here, you can tell him that its a different car OF A LOWER CLASS that has the same name. That should do the trick.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Since your mom will also be the one who will drive, get the santa fe.. Easier to drive & better riding comfort

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Santa Fe.

---
    But given your needs, I think the Kia Carnival is a better choice. Easy egress and ingress for the elderly and also much easier for women to drive.

Or what about the Explorer --space and since your grandpa is partiality to American vehicles considered---if you really want a full-sized SUV.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the Montero Sport since Lolo mo naman gagamit at ito type nya.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Santa Fe din ako. Meets your needs... Older people will appreciate the utility of the Santa Fe cause utility wise para din syang SUV pero comfort wise its like a mid size sedan. So you get the best of both worlds...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    agree with tidus. Hindi magugustuhan ng may edad ang ride ng Monty.

Pero kung space ang usapan, bakit hindi Grand Starex CVX?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup matagtag nga ang MS, why don't you let your lolo test drive one or sit in one while you drive and see if he'll like it. pero for me i'd choose the sta.fe, simply because it rides better, handles better, interior is 10x better than MS. i think the only advantage of MS over the sta.fe is the looks and ride height.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I think you should consider the Grand Starex.. A lot more space compared to the montero & santa fe , roomier & lower ride height which would be good for your mom & grandfather.. Even my younger sister finds it easy to maneuver our grand starex

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    thanks to the replies. during the 90s, montero sport was also released in the US and nakasalubong namin ang isang unit sa may Twing Peaks sa San Francisco (on-board my lolo's Montero.) i'm also thinking (since i'm the car fanatic in the family) about having a van especially those with captain's chair sa second row that can swivel. lolo's coming next month so we still can't set a test-drive para magkaalaman na talaga.

thanks once again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Sta. Fe vs. Mistubishi Montero Sport