New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hey Guys,

I'm buying a car for my wife, after test driving several cars including the new cr-v, the sorrento, sportage and the forester, she picked two that we both liked. The 4 X 2 AT sta. fe (1.788 M) and the 4 X 2 Mazda Cx5 (1.43 M). Both are great cars for me but i'm having a hard time justifying the sta fe sticker price. 1.8 m for a 4x2, seems a little too much. Is it worth the exta 400k? Or should I stick to the cx-5 which my wife likes as well? Any feedback would be much appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If I had 1.8M to burn, I'd burn it all for a Santa Fe. Why? Because it's downright ***y.

Not saying the CX5 looks terrible because it doesn't. It actually looks better than its brother, the CX7. But if it were compared to a Santa Fe, looks-wise the CX5 isn't even close. When you see a CX5 your impression would be... "ahh..." but when you see a Santa Fe you'll be like "Holy sh*t that's a Hyundai?" it's that nice. :lol:

The additional 400k is surely hard to give up. It's a lot of cash, but then, it will boil on your financial status. If you think 400k won't hurt your lifestyle, go for it! But if it will affect your lifestyle right now, settle for the CX5 instead.

For 400k the difference is actually pretty big. eVGT vs. Gasoline, 7-seater vs. 5-seater etc. etc.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Everything what renzo said was spot on, that 400k difference is justified by plenty of features.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Who will drive? Driver or wife... Hindi ba malaki ang SF for her. Unless wla siyang problema sa size.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Everything what renzo said was spot on, that 400k difference is justified by plenty of features.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Who will drive? Driver or wife... Hindi ba malaki ang SF for her. Unless wla siyang problema sa size.
    She actually prefers large cars. No argument from me, the Sta. Fe is a great looking car. Is it overpriced though?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Agree, if the 400k wouldn't hurt you, go for the 2013 SF.... if not, the CX5 will do.... it's also a great car and I would love to buy it for my wife...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Then get the previous SF which is 4x4 already for just the same price as a 4x2 new SF.

Plus the previous SF is a proper 7 seater vs a 5+2 configuration for the new SF. Just my advice.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^i inquired Hyundai about the outgoing Sf if there are still available stocks, but too bad there isn't any.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    What do you mean proper 7 seater. I think the previous gen is still a 5+2 configuration. I have both and I don't see any major advantage of the previous gen except for the loading and unloading of passenger. Since hindi na pwede e-tumble ang 2nd row, medyo hirap ang passenger to go inside the 3rd row.

Wala na sigurong 2.5 Gen na brandnew..

Overprice, after seeing the feature of the TB... YES..

Kung satisfied ako.. Eto ang sagot ko..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    What do you mean proper 7 seater. I think the previous gen is still a 5+2 configuration. I have both and I don't see any major advantage of the previous gen except for the loading and unloading of passenger. Since hindi na pwede e-tumble ang 2nd row, medyo hirap ang passenger to go inside the 3rd row.

Wala na sigurong 2.5 Gen na brandnew..

Overprice, after seeing the feature of the TB... YES..

Kung satisfied ako.. Eto ang sagot ko..
    Hi, what does TB mean? Sorry i'm not familiar with the terminology here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 AT VS Mazda cx-5 4x2 AT